Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud whine under hood

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yesterday i went into my garage and my model S was off and plugged in on a trip charge. There was a soft wlectricwhining noise I hadn’t heard before. It kind of sounded like the whine you get when the A/C is on all the way but a little different. I took our ICE on the trip, didn’t want to break down on the road. After I go home tonight it was louder than yesterday....plugged in and turned off. Anyone else had this? What is it? I HATE that I can’t talk to my local service center BTW. You sit on hold for over a half an hour to speak to the national call center....and Tesla no longer washes or vacuums the cars when they’re in for service...and they didn’t supply me with either new battery for my fobs like they said they would when I was in the last time. Service has gone down hill but I digress.....

I had what it seems the same issue. Is the noise coming out more from the right or left side ?
If from a side, then it could be one of the condenser fan.
I just got my 2014 S85 in for service and they cleaned and lubricated the driver side condenser fan.
No noise so far ( just 1 day)

I think mentally the absence of an ICE amplifies all the other sounds my Model S makes. I admittedly have complained about it, & after an explanation from Tesla service tech I am confident that all those sounds are normal, & if there is an issue, the Model S will tell me before I notice.