Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love the car hate the company (or at least employees)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Water in taillights will be covered under warranty. If the tail lights are cracked absolutely not. They should of been inspected and noted of any cracks. Especially since the bumper was cracked! that's the first thing you look for next, is cracks in the tail lights. If there's no cracks from damage then i see absolutely no reason for Tesla not to cover it under warranty. Sounds like the vehicle might of been rearended. Expect more hidden damage behind the bumper that could be allot! Also inspect the inside of the trunk and see if it closes well and all body lines line up.

As a buyer you really are required to do your due diligence and inspect the vehicle. Or bring someone that's familiar with used cars along that can help with inspections.

If the vehicle was in an accident and not disclosed.. that's a different issue.
My vehicle was damaged in Tesla's care and the rear door and bumper were both repainted without them informing me. I discovered it later when I took the car to get it wrapped with a clear bra (the shop pointed out the door mismatch and primer pop which I hadn't noticed)

I went back to Tesla and after some back and forth (and me being very firm I wasn't backing down) they repainted it and put a new bumper on... I'm unsure if I bought the car this way (it was a service loaner), or if it happened when they had it after my purchase when I asked them to install the Nav on AP update.. . Either way, YMMV and they are not always honest or upfront until you call them on it.

Just bought a used (2014) model s, 2 weeks ago. I was assured, by my sales adviser (John Pier - avoid him) that any issue not documented in the pictures would be taken care of by Tesla. So... I took delivery of the car. It is in pretty good shape, and didnt notice anything, at the time of delivery, that wasnt documented in the photos. However the very next day, I washed the car and immediately noticed that the tail lights were holding water, and have condensation. Also the rear bumper is cracked. The sunroof also does a lot of stuttering when opening and closing. I immediately emailed John, and received no answer. I sent about 3 emails to him and left him 2 voicemails... and that asshole still hasnt called me back. So I go through customer service in my Tesla account. I get a response that they will notify the sales adviser at the service center where i picked up the car, and the will call me to get the issued fixed. 3 days later, no call... so i call them. They have no idea what im talking about and pawn me back off to customer service or my local service center. At this point i just want my frickin car fixed. Customer service is absolutely HORRIBLE. I would love to have this turned around so I can have confidence in Tesla, but what does a customer have to do to get their car fixed?

Sorry for the rant... Im at wits end with this. BUT i do love this car.

John Pier is terrible. worst salesman of all time. I can't even get an email response from this *sugar* head. He's not called me once to discuss what I want, barely replies to emails. He clearly doesn't care if I buy the car one bit.