Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low emissions zones in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've made a few trips to various European countries in the last couple of years. I learned about the need to have a Crit'Air sticker for French cities -- all set. But now I'm seeing indications that driving in European cities might require multiple registrations, to avoid fines.

That need becomes apparent via reading about the experience of foreign motorists in the UK: link.

So, it seems that any trip planning now has an added dimension. Sometimes it works out that no registration is needed. But the only way to know is to do the research, in detail. (Example: since I'm going to Ghent soon, I've discovered that registration for the Flemish region is needed. If I later go to the French part of Belgium? Perhaps another registration...)

Here is where you can find the details (though not easily): Home

Spain also has emissions stickers that allow certain vehicles into specific areas during specific times. However, they’re only available to Spanish registered vehicles. It’s unclear what happens if you enter one of these areas with a foreign registered car, whether or not it complies with the restrictions.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Spain also has emissions stickers that allow certain vehicles into specific areas during specific times. However, they’re only available to Spanish registered vehicles. It’s unclear what happens if you enter one of these areas with a foreign registered car, whether or not it complies with the restrictions.
Makes roadtrips/touring a bit of a pain (and expensive) if you have to register multiple times. I guess a lot of the time you stay/park outside the zone & get public transport in, but a few times I've stayed in City centres with my car. One of the reasons I got a Tesla/EV was to avoid air flights within mainland Europe & also have the car (& its contents available) to visit places off the beaten track, as well as key cities. Oh well.

Pity that all-EV brands won't be excluded automatically from at least the low emission zones.

Within EU, it should be something that allows for a single registration/account. I think UK zones (except London) have a "national LEZ framework" - with perhaps a second (separate) one for Scotland.

eg Barcelona

1681404386160.png