TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Low Xpel Ultimate quote

Discussion in 'Model X' started by jbredz28, Mar 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jbredz28

jbredz28 Member

I just received the following Xpel Ultimate quote from a local authorized installer for our new Model X delivering later this week:

$1895 for the front end
    extra $400 for parts and $200 for labor for the rest of the car ($2495 for the entire car)
    $200 total for all 4 seatbacks

The seatback and full car costs seem way low. Their service manager quoted the prices and the Xpel install guy seemed knowledgeable, had the Xpel training, wraps his edges, has done 3 Model Xs and a bunch of Model Ss so far. Other quotes in my area are around $5500 for the entire car.

Thoughts?

2. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

$2700 USD for the full car? That's a steal! I thought I was getting a good deal haha!

• Love x 1
  3. ToddS

ToddS Member

At those prices, I would ask to speak with their previous X customers. If they are happy, go for it.

• Like x 1
  4. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

That sounds like a fair price to me.

Are you sure you are understanding the quote correctly? Maybe the $400 in extra parts/materials and $200 in extra labor is for behind the wheels, the mirrors, A-pillars, rear bumper and other places on the car but not the entire car?

5. mremillard

mremillard Member

Which installer? I had mine done in central Ohio about five months ago (front only and seat backs) but am thinking about getting the rest done, too.

6. jbredz28

jbredz28 Member

Toy Barn. Who did your front and seat backs?

7. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

That pricing is shockingly low. Get references. if they are good. Get it done before they realize they are giving it away. About 8K for me in the SF bay area by a top guy.

8. mremillard

mremillard Member

I'd trust the Toy Barn. Mine was a different installer, I don't want to post the info here since I had some issues (fairly minor) but feel free to send me a private message if you want more detail.

9. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

Hi Jbredz28,

The front end pricing is right on par for the industry average for a full front end. I would double check, as the 2495 for the rest of the car seems very low. You're talking 2/3rds more film and much more labor to wrap the rest of the vehicle (4 doors, roof, rockers, rear quarters, rear door, rear bumper, etc).

• Like x 1
  10. myblubu

myblubu Member

You're a little ways away, otherwise I would tell you to check out Clearbra Ohio near Cincinnati. They did 4 Teslas for me (3 MS and 1 MX) - awesome job on each. Might at least be worth checking out if you think you'd ever be down this way. Owner's name is Keith. PM me if you need contact info. Tell him Mike from Dayton said, "Hey!" I will most likely be contacting him soon myself to get my seat backs done in my MX.

11. Tampaukfan

Tampaukfan Member

Ask to see his work and check out his work area... a cheap clear bra install can be a nightmare.
    I went with the cheap guy on a M6 , fortunately I stayed to watch the install and was able to stop them just as they were about to cut the pieces on the car! I few weeks later I ran into a guy that had his 911 done at the same place and they had made razor cuts all over the car.

All clear bras fail at some point, be it discoloring or damage so using a well established shop is well worth it in the long run.

12. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

@mremillard & @jbredz28 we should meet up sometime...

i would like to see the work done on your cars :)

13. Dimitar Atanasov

See below quote I got from an authorized Tesla repair facility in Chicago - they have done multiple Teslas. Getting my MX 100D wrapped as soon as I pick up. No need to do seats ($1,065) as Tesla moved away from gloss backs as of 4/1!

You are way off on whole car price though!

Attached Files:

14. myblubu

myblubu Member

Wow! Any idea what they are going to do? Similar to the S?

15. Dimitar Atanasov

Yep! Exactly the same backs

16. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

This is a very expensive shop. You don't need a Tesla authorized shop to install PPF. Just a shop that does a lot of Teslas. You can surely get a better deal if that's important.

17. Dimitar Atanasov

I wouldn't call $1295 expensive for a partial wrap that includes whole hood

18. jace

jace Member

I just had XPEL Ultimate installed in Chicago on my Model X , they did the full hood , side mirrors , A bars , fenders done by Midwest Autobhand in Chicago ... they do the install at the Chicago Collectors Garage. Reasonably priced at $1400 + tax. I would recommend them in Chicago.

19. outie

outie Active Member

200$ total for seat backs is great price. I was quoted $200 each!

20. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

"$1895 for the front end
    extra $400 for parts and $200 for labor for the rest of the car ($2495 for the entire car)
    $200 total for all 4 seatbacks"

1895 + 400 + 200 = 2495. Think you misunderstood when he said 2495 for the entire car.