Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I personally love the lowered stance and look, I have it on my S. With the air suspension I am able to raise the height to Standard or High when needed. This I have done quite often. Lowering the car permanently using lowering springs would be a cause of concern for me for damage to the battery. Just wanted to share my two cents as many 3 owners will be considering this modification.

Unplugged Performance is claiming 2-3 weeks from today for Model 3 lowering spring kit to be in stock.
Unplugged-Performance-Tesla-Model-3-Concept-MAIN-SLIDER.jpg

Looks like they have released them which is great.

Unplugged Performance | Dual Rate Lowering Springs for Tesla Model 3

The model 3 does appear to ride fairly high and I will definitely be interested. I just makes the wheels look like they are part of the car and not riding on top of them like a truck. Looks like they are creating the optimal setup whichwould be coilovers with adjustable shocks like these for perfect ride height and compression/rebound dampening. I wish they had the model3 at the mall showroom like the do with the S so I could take my calipers and starting getting measurements so I could get the machine shop going. I've used these QA1's on other cars and they are amazing and affordable. :)

2-qa1-quad-adjust-shock-assembled.jpg

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to swing back to Eibach to fit the prototype lowering springs and I have to say I am very impressed! The springs lowered the 3 by about 1” all around. Just enough to close that wheel gap without compromising battery clearance.

After I give Eibach real world driving feedback and if no further changes are required, the springs should become available in about 6 weeks! For good measure they also tested some 30mm spacers on the stock 18”s :)

880E9427-7742-4CB9-8925-82590054FF8A.jpeg

The springs lowered the 3 by about 1” all around. Just enough to close that wheel gap without compromising battery clearance.
Looking VERY good! Looking VERY stupid good!!!!

For good measure they also tested some 30mm spacers on the stock 18”s
Oh, tell me more! Any pictures sighting down the side? 30mm seems a little radical. I would be worried about fender rub, especially at the front wheels. I am thinking more like 12mm at the front and 25mm at the rear. Comments?

Please keep us updated! When they are available, could we purchase it from Eibach or have to wait for a vendor? I would love the 1" drop since 1.5" is too much for me. Also, could you find out if it changes the chamber? I may get the .7" drop from Unplugged to be safe if this messes with the alignment.

Reactions: dgaultiere
Finally had a chance to swing back to Eibach to fit the prototype lowering springs and I have to say I am very impressed! The springs lowered the 3 by about 1” all around. Just enough to close that wheel gap without compromising battery clearance.

After I give Eibach real world driving feedback and if no further changes are required, the springs should become available in about 6 weeks! For good measure they also tested some 30mm spacers on the stock 18”s :)

View attachment 288216
Any details on the spacers?

Please keep us updated! When they are available, could we purchase it from Eibach or have to wait for a vendor? I would love the 1" drop since 1.5" is too much for me. Also, could you find out if it changes the chamber? I may get the .7" drop from Unplugged to be safe if this messes with the alignment.

Once they become available you can purchase them from any Eibach dealer. They did mention that they would probably initially only make a run of 50 sets to test the market so depending on demand, they may run out. They take about six weeks to make from getting in cue to manufacture to packaging. I’ll try to get more technical specs on the springs themselves and how much camber was affected, etc with with the 1” drop. Standby! Initial feedback is great! The ride is definitely smoother and the bounciness has been greatly minimized on certain road conditions. I’ll post another update over the weekend when I get a little more seat time behind the 3. The car is currently back with my wife for the remainder of the week

Reactions: kjyam98
Thanks, Cricket. I'm strongly considering the UP moderate dual-rate springs that lower 1.5". I'd like to lower 1 to 1.5. Are the Eibach's progressive rate or dual rate? Any thoughts on how they affect ride quality in day-to-day driving and spirited cornering?

I'm especially interested in whether the stock camber/toe adjustments are sufficient to get a good, neutral alignment with the lowering springs. While I'd like to lower the car, I don't want to do so if it will mean chewing through tires every 15k miles!

They test-fit 30mm spacers on the 3 (because that’s what they had laying around) but I think I’m going to take them off this weekend. 20mm in the front would be ideal and perhaps 25mm if you want to be completely flush with the fender. The 30mm do poke out more than my liking. [/QUOTE

Yeah, I'm pretty certain you will get fender rub with the 30mm. Seeing the profile view, I am more comfortable with 15mm at the front and 25mm at the rear.............subject to analysis of wear on wheel bearings.

With Eiback springs lowering 1 inch, your car will have a permanent 4.5 inch ground clearance which looks great. However, I can't live with that on my driveway approach. Consequently, I will have to defer and wait for SAS.

They test-fit 30mm spacers on the 3 (because that’s what they had laying around) but I think I’m going to take them off this weekend. 20mm in the front would be ideal and perhaps 25mm if you want to be completely flush with the fender. The 30mm do poke out more than my liking.

View attachment 288315
Thanks for the info. I agree, 30mm does seem to be bit too aggressive. I think 20mm all around would look better in my opinion. Maybe 25mm in rear and keep 20mm in front would be good too.

Once they become available you can purchase them from any Eibach dealer. They did mention that they would probably initially only make a run of 50 sets to test the market so depending on demand, they may run out. They take about six weeks to make from getting in cue to manufacture to packaging. I’ll try to get more technical specs on the springs themselves and how much camber was affected, etc with with the 1” drop. Standby! Initial feedback is great! The ride is definitely smoother and the bounciness has been greatly minimized on certain road conditions. I’ll post another update over the weekend when I get a little more seat time behind the 3. The car is currently back with my wife for the remainder of the week

I'm in for a set for sure!