Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD... it's back? (and cheaper?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just checked my Tesla account after phoning yesterday to change my order from P- to LRAWD. The new order agreement is there with the reduced price. Interestingly, the order number and date of order have not changed so I hope the time-frame for delivery is the same but with Tesla who knows?

I called yesterday to make exactly the same change (P-to LR AWD). Order agreement not yet changed on my Tesla account but they did say it would take 2-3 days. Delivery wise I was given no indication as to whether or not the timing would change but as I don’t yet have a VIN I doubt there is any difference in my case. September is still my bet, which suits me fine.

I saw the price on the SR+ RWD model changed. We have one on order. Since I was happy with the price before, it'll be nice if Tesla use the recently lowered price in the final order information. If not, no problem. By this time next year there'll have been a few hokey-cokey rounds with the various Model 3 configurations, prices, and options if the history of Model S and Model X variety is any indicator. While I understand these changes can be unsettling, having been through the Tesla order process once before I still prefer all its silence and variety of changes to car dealerships.

Reactions: MrBadger
Got the revised invoice just now for LR AWD. £660 cheaper, which is lovely, but disappointingly they haven’t honoured the early ordering FSD price and so this has increased to £5800 instead of £4900. Has anybody had differently - some said they had verbal confirmation the lower price would still be honoured if the order hadn’t been changed?

I’ve had the same - just had a new booking order through a few minutes ago.

£5,800 for FSD and £750 for the black paint. End result for the SR+ after the price drop is £190 increase?!

I’m guessing the phones will be busy tomorrow. I’m tempted to cancel and re-order with the white paint but with FSD price increasing next month who knows what we'll eventually be asked to pay.

Also had the text, it will be interesting to see if I now get charged for previously free paint and whether or not I maintain my May FSD pricing.
Ah yes, they have reduced the base price but added the paint cost and taken away my pre-price increase FSD price. This makes my total higher than before, so they will be getting a call tomorrow to at least reinstate the FSD price I was guaranteed by ordering early. I have made no changes to the spec since my initial order.

I received the text today also. "Pricing for your Model 3 has been adjusted. The total will be brought down..."

Strange that, because with the updated prices on the current configurator, my Spec is £90 more expensive! Suggests a blanket text message to allay general fears for customers with the opposite problem.

Reactions: Baldrick
Ah yes, they have reduced the base price but added the paint cost and taken away my pre-price increase FSD price. This makes my total higher than before, so they will be getting a call tomorrow to at least reinstate the FSD price I was guaranteed by ordering early. I have made no changes to the spec since my initial order.
Spoke to the lovely Chris who confirmed my car was on a boat and that it should be delivered in the week of 12th August. He also confirmed that I wouldn't be paying the higher amount. They would either revert me fully back to my original invoice amount, or reduce the FSD price back to the original amount with the new pricing. Either way I will pay the original FSD price. My order agreement will either stay the same as original or go down (not up as it has). He also confirmed that if I switched to white it would change my delivery date. Apparently it's the algorithm that says 'look the configuration has changed' that is then applying the current FSD price, even though the actual configuration hasn't changed and they are working out how to get around it. I am person number 222 on his list for him to get back to.

Spoke to the lovely Chris who confirmed my car was on a boat and that it should be delivered in the week of 12th August. He also confirmed that I wouldn't be paying the higher amount. They would either revert me fully back to my original invoice amount, or reduce the FSD price back to the original amount with the new pricing. Either way I will pay the original FSD price. My order agreement will either stay the same as original or go down (not up as it has). He also confirmed that if I switched to white it would change my delivery date. Apparently it's the algorithm that says 'look the configuration has changed' that is then applying the current FSD price, even though the actual configuration hasn't changed and they are working out how to get around it. I am person number 222 on his list for him to get back to.
Same here...

So hope for the same conversation (along with the "on the boat" bit).

Historically speaking, Tesla have always been good at honouring any list price drops between order and delivery and they will also not increase the price over your original order price unless there is a spec change involved where the spec you originally ordered is no longer available. I think they are pretty unique as most other manufacturers will adjust pricing in either direction if list prices changes before delivery.

Reactions: PrGrPa
Just had a follow up call (mid run) and they are reverting me back to my original order agreement. We will see what gets emailed through.

Just had a follow up call (mid run) and they are reverting me back to my original order agreement. We will see what gets emailed through.

So they are effectively saying you can't have the early bird FSD price AND the later base price reduction. But they are at least giving you the cheapest net overall price. I think that's fair enough really.

Reactions: Baldrick
I also had revised order agreements sent through by email this morning at 09.06 and 09.13, with a 3rd at 12.12 when it started showing my page on the site. It wasn't the £1560 discount I'd originally hoped for, because they increased the FSD by £900, so it was just £660 cheaper.

I believe the original order screens said "All Model 3 orders placed before 10 May will save £1000 on Full Self-Driving" so I'm hoping what fakoriginal says applies to others, i.e. that they will subsequently reapply the £900 FSD discount.

I also had revised order agreements sent through by email this morning at 09.06 and 09.13, with a 3rd at 12.12 when it started showing my page on the site. It wasn't the £1560 discount I'd originally hoped for, because they increased the FSD by £900, so it was just £660 cheaper.

I believe the original order screens said "All Model 3 orders placed before 10 May will save £1000 on Full Self-Driving" so I'm hoping what fakoriginal says applies to others, i.e. that they will subsequently reapply the £900 FSD discount.

I’ve just queried this on the phone and was told that the £900 discount on the FSD didn’t show up due to a system error (!) but that it will on a revised invoice in due course. They said the next shipload due in 3 to 4 weeks and then fortnightly from then on and that VIN assignment will happen when the ship arrives.

Reactions: m-i-l and MrBadger