Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So its obvious now but just an FYI for anyone else that doesn't have a VIN showing in the source code, make sure your profile is completely completed with financing and everything all submitted and squared away. Literally the second I agreed to the loan terms, the VIN that was given to me by my SA showed up in the source code. I don't know why but I just figured the VIN would show up regardless of whether the profile was completely filled out or not. Just gotta wait for that MVPA now!

I also got a laugh out of the amount due at delivery: 41 cents. I wonder if they will let me write a check for that amount or should I pay with four dimes and a penny?

• Funny
Reactions: M3FNATIK
Did anyone tried getting quote from Tesla insurance to compare rates under "next steps" after completing payment section? I could not do it since I dont see the VIN updated in my page yet. Had to call Fremont deliver center to email me the VIN.

Also got approved through Tesla Loan through Chase yesterday at 3.14% / 48 months.
If you work for any county government agency, PM me. I can show you how to get 1.39% on 48 months.

Has anyone that snagged a stealth gotten anything other than the VIN in source? Mine has been in the source code for 3 days now and it's not appearing on the manage account screen yet and I can't pull up my MVPA either.

Nope, mine is only in the source code. Just spoke with the chat folks and they said the MVPA won't populate until about 3 days before delivery which seems inaccurate but that's all the info he was able to provide. That info conflicts with what the Nevada call center person told me which was that it could be manually generated by a SA immediately or automatically within 48 hours. Guess I'll wait a few days and see if it pops up automatically since I can never get a hold of my SA.

Reactions: NixGhost
Nope, mine is only in the source code. Just spoke with the chat folks and they said the MVPA won't populate until about 3 days before delivery which seems inaccurate but that's all the info he was able to provide. That info conflicts with what the Nevada call center person told me which was that it could be manually generated by a SA immediately or automatically within 48 hours. Guess I'll wait a few days and see if it pops up automatically since I can never get a hold of my SA.

The online chat person I talked to this morning said SA has ability to generate the MVPA. If they all didn’t show up until 3 days before delivery, there would be a mad house of people trying to get their loans funded prior to delivery.

One of my friends here in Utah got his text this morning for delivery on the 27th. That's the day the storm is gonna hit. Happy for him but not the most ideal day for delivery. So there are loaded trucks on their way to Utah.

Has anyone that snagged a stealth gotten anything other than the VIN in source? Mine has been in the source code for 3 days now and it's not appearing on the manage account screen yet and I can't pull up my MVPA either.

Nope not for me. Might contact Tesla if I don't get the MVPA by Monday as I want to set up finance before thanksgiving. Knowing my luck I'll get one of the first delivered and I won't be able to get the checks due to the holidays....Wishful thinking I know..

• Funny
Reactions: diezel_dave
The online chat person I talked to this morning said SA has ability to generate the MVPA. If they all didn’t show up until 3 days before delivery, there would be a mad house of people trying to get their loans funded prior to delivery.

I agree. When he said that I was like "oh, okay, well have a nice day, thanks!" because it sounded like a canned answer. I think what the Nevada call center guy said seemed more accurate.

One of my friends here in Utah got his text this morning for delivery on the 27th. That's the day the storm is gonna hit. Happy for him but not the most ideal day for delivery. So there are loaded trucks on their way to Utah.

I am going to *sugar* my pants if this is true and I can get my car in the next week. Glad I went with a P3D- instead of the P3D+ because those summer performance tires would be pretty sketch driving back home in a snow storm. Did that once in my Golf R and it was hilarious how little traction I had. Like 200 feet to stop from 30 mph.

I am going to *sugar* my pants if this is true and I can get my car in the next week. Glad I went with a P3D- instead of the P3D+ because those summer performance tires would be pretty sketch driving back home in a snow storm. Did that once in my Golf R and it was hilarious how little traction I had. Like 200 feet to stop from 30 mph.
Dave, I failed to mention his is an SR/SR+ so probably no Stealth on that shipment from the looks of it. But I'm with you, I can't wait. Were you at the event last night at the SLC store?

Dave, I failed to mention his is an SR/SR+ so probably no Stealth on that shipment from the looks of it. But I'm with you, I can't wait. Were you at the event last night at the SLC store?

I saw your update regarding the SRs but it is still encouraging news because it sounds like the deliveries to the SLC center have been pretty sparse these last few weeks. Its good to hear the SPICE is flowing again.

Sadly, I was working so I was not at the event. :( I was glued to my screen during the unveiling though. The design is certainly polarizing but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't considering trading my diesel truck for one to tow my camper around locally.

Its so weird how Tesla handles these cars. Almost like a secret menu item and In-N-Out. Best thing I can think of is that these are like the mystery flavor dum dum suckers. Basically the left-over scrapings from the manufacture of several different flavors are mushed into a single sucker. So maybe they have a bunch of extra performance motors/controllers laying around but are waiting for P3D+ brakes/wheels/spoilers or something so they make a batch of P3D- cars to keep the lines moving in the meantime? It would be nice if these were just an orderable configuration and you didn't have to go on a wild goose chase to get one.

Its so weird how Tesla handles these cars. Almost like a secret menu item and In-N-Out. Best thing I can think of is that these are like the mystery flavor dum dum suckers. Basically the left-over scrapings from the manufacture of several different flavors are mushed into a single sucker. So maybe they have a bunch of extra performance motors/controllers laying around but are waiting for P3D+ brakes/wheels/spoilers or something so they make a batch of P3D- cars to keep the lines moving in the meantime? It would be nice if these were just an orderable configuration and you didn't have to go on a wild goose chase to get one.
I actually think it's kinda fun that you have to keep an eye out for them.

You, I, and everyone in this thread (and forum) are the reasons why Stealths are handled this way: generating massive buzz. Tesla knows there is a lot of interest in Stealths, even though they have never advertised this trim. The ONLY way to know about it is via social media. So a couple days ago they put a ton of them available to order... but again, telling NOBODY, not even Sales Associates. Then *boom*, word gets out and lots of excitement is generated in forums, FB groups etc.

It's basic social media marketing. And it works! I'll bet anything that there are some here who A) had never heard of Stealths or considered one and B) want one and has ordered one.

The question is asked: Why not just make Stealth trims available on the order page? Not really sure, but my guess is it would cannibalize Performance sales. The only other reason: Elon loves messing with us. :)