Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Performance (Stealth TM3) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should turn it on, turn your wheels all the way to one side and floor it!

I might have slightly shortened the life of my tires, but it's worth it.
@Joabe : I've been told by my SA that the stealth wouldn't have the track mode. So there is definitely confusion surrounding that. But also I feel that the SA's at Tesla honestly don't know much about the car they are selling unlike the traditional dealership where they have all the information. I hope mine does come with track mode enabled. :)

Reactions: Joabe
@Joabe : I've been told by my SA that the stealth wouldn't have the track mode. So there is definitely confusion surrounding that. But also I feel that the SA's at Tesla honestly don't know much about the car they are selling unlike the traditional dealership where they have all the information. I hope mine does come with track mode enabled. :)

Agreed, except that I rarely find a sales person that has as much knowledge about the product as a buyer who has done their research. (At most dealerships they are trying to remember the specs for so many different vehicles with so many different trim levels, as a buyer you can narrow your focus to what interests you.)

Also consider that outside of this forum there is no marketing and little awareness of the Stealth model. I’m not at all surprised that the SA’s have little knowledge of the model.

Reactions: newvadron
Anybody know if you can bring personal checks and or use a wire transfer for down payments? ?

Second to last page on the MVPA. (page 6 for me)
Screenshot_20191207-132951_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I guess it somewhat depends on whether Tesla does business in your state. If you're going to a delivery center and doing wire transfers be sure to have proof the funds were sent (they will have a way to check to see if the deposit went through)

Many people have written personal checks not just for the down payment but the entire purchase price.

If you're writing a large check, there are ways for businesses to know if that check is going to be good before they process it.

Reactions: Paullydoughnut
Picked up my white on black stealth this morning at 10am from Bellevue, WA!

I got there a few minutes early and decided to open my Tesla app, sometime between last night and 9:50am they gave my account the access to the car. Could now see where it was and all the controls. Met with the Tesla delivery agent and started signing my paperwork. And that's where the only hiccup was.

I purchased and am registering the car in Idaho, but picking up in Washington. They needed my ID drivers license (which I had) and some mail from a utility or something addressed to me at my ID address. This was never told to me prior to arriving so I had nothing. Luckily I was able to pull up my voter id card from an email which has my registered address on it. Crisis averted.

The car itself is nearly perfect. The panel gaps are almost all dead on, and a couple are only very slightly off. Slight enough I didn't even bother bringing it up. Paint is perfect, no damage anywhere inside or out. It actually started to download a software update as soon as I switched it to Advanced (2019.40.2). It does have the red underline, and I tested Track Mode to ensure I had it (it worked).

I decided to drive it over to the parking lot that Bellevue uses as their extra space and take some pictures. There are way more cars in the lot than just 2 weeks ago when it was nearly empty. But still not full like it was 6-9 months ago. After ~10 miles or so the NoA cameras were set up and TMPS were working. Autopilot worked great on 405 south traffic, I can't wait for it to drive me home from work from now on. I drive the loop around Mercer Island because it is twisty and fun, would recommend to anyone who likes driving in the area, especially E Mercer Way along the east side. Drives like a dream, even in the rain today.

Got it at home charging now and finishing the update. About to head back to it and get my screen protector, trunk mat, and steering wheel and console wraps installed!

View media item 120714View media item 120713View media item 120715

Coming back from a second vin assignment, and I have it!
Lr AWD original reservation 10/19
Vin 11/27, couldn’t take delivery due to holidays
New vin in source 12/2 and on page 12/7!
Delivery estimate still looks like 12/14 (maybe sooner? Rented a cheapo ride for the work week)
Black/black, 18”, no FSD, Buena Park
Stooooooked

Second to last page on the MVPA. (page 6 for me) View attachment 485847

I guess it somewhat depends on whether Tesla does business in your state. If you're going to a delivery center and doing wire transfers be sure to have proof the funds were sent (they will have a way to check to see if the deposit went through)

Many people have written personal checks not just for the down payment but the entire purchase price.

If you're writing a large check, there are ways for businesses to know if that check is going to be good before they process it.
Thank you for the info! MVPA is being populated as we speak!! Most Excite!

So any have the answer to how they make the stealth’s faster? Is it the motor or software upgrade? Or both. SA said it is a bigger motor. To the guy who disagreed you got some insights bub?

Personally I don't know the answer and am not willing to open up my "hump" to find out.

What matters to me is that my VIN says performance... Whereas a long range all wheel drive vehicle can never be designated as performance as far as the regulators are concerned.

I feel fairly confident that the stealths are rim deletes rather than LRAWD software upgrades.

If the performance vehicles were just software flashed I'd still be okay with that... I paid for what the car does. Not what it says on the nameplate.

(my vin says performance.) (bin numbers make no distinction between vehicles that are + or -)

By the way this subject has been beaten to death in the regular forums and on reddit, doesn't really need to hijack the thread.

Personally I don't know the answer and am not willing to open up my "hump" to find out.

What matters to me is that my VIN says performance... Whereas a long range all wheel drive vehicle can never be designated as performance as far as the regulators are concerned.

I feel fairly confident that the stealths are rim deletes rather than LRAWD software upgrades.

If the performance vehicles were just software flashed I'd still be okay with that... I paid for what the car does. Not what it says on the nameplate.

(my vin says performance.) (bin numbers make no distinction between vehicles that are + or -)

By the way this subject has been beaten to death in the regular forums and on reddit, doesn't really need to hijack the thread.
Agreed haha and this was informative man, thanks a lot.