Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called and was told the 2 week delivery on the website is assuming they can find a match for you. Everyone else, especially on the East Coast, it has been 4-6 weeks from the time you place your order until delivery.
Super disappointing. I’d rather they over estimate and over deliver than make it sound like I’ll have it within two weeks when it’s more possible that I’ll have it in a month to month and a half.

Super disappointing. I’d rather they over estimate and over deliver than make it sound like I’ll have it within two weeks when it’s more possible that I’ll have it in a month to month and a half.

There's a black/black AWD w/19" wheels on the inventory site at the moment: 5YJ3E1EB5KF365292 in Sacramento (search for zip 94536 within 200 miles)

There's a black/black AWD w/19" wheels on the inventory site at the moment: 5YJ3E1EB5KF365292 in Sacramento (search for zip 94536 within 200 miles)
My order was for the 18” aeros unfortunately and my sales advisor said they cannot match me to a more expensive option at the same sale price. Thanks for the heads up but not currently doable for me.

Just checked my account again for the 1000th time today. No VIN yet BUT I have a delivery date of 5/22!!! 11 more days...I can do this!

Are the delivery dates prone to change often? It’s a Wednesday so I’m going to take the day off work but don’t want to make those arrangements only to have it change last minute...

Last edited:
Reactions: ammulder
Mine did not change. I saw at least one report where the car was damaged in shipping so the date was pushed, but that seems unlikely. Still, you can call your delivery person (or the delivery dept of the local center) as the date gets closer and they should be able to track the car by gps and let you know whether it looks likely to arrive on time.

Reactions: idealdreams
My overall journey for Model 3 AWD LR MSM/black with 19' sport and Autopilot
In line reservation (thank you wifey!) March 31 2016
Order placed: March 17 2019
VIN Number: May 06 2019
Delivery: May 11 2019

HOLY HELL! Delivery took ~3 hours!!! They were running behind (that's fine, with increase deliveries and all) but they completely effed up my paper work 2x. First time the car pricing was wrong (priced before autopilot became a standard); after that was fixed, they gave me both the BC and the Canadian EV rebate (on the LD AWD), which would of been extra nice (LOL) but it ment more time to wait for them to fix it.. Didn't help that the Vancouver Powell St location was a dump and had a keep a 2 year old happy (a nearby Macdonalds trip helped). One hour they said....

This is on top of the poor communication with my DA (slow emails, never answers phones/calls me back). Had to redo my financing which was only completed the day before delivery (May 10); at which I noticed that the car pricing was wrong and emailed my DA back to try to avoid this problem on delivery day (sigh)

That being said, the car is WONDERFUL. Getting used to the regenerative breaking and the instant torque. No problems can be seen;seems to be a perfect car so far but will take a closer look later today; got a MAY2019 built (yay HW3); did NOT get any iphone/andriod charging cables (not a big deal, ordered wireless charging pad); but DID get my NEMA 14-50 attachment.

Had nice chats with other people getting their cars. Alot of black, 1 white and 2 MSM (including mines); also mostly AWD, only 2-3 SR+ (atleast in the 3 hours I spent there). Couple of people had their paperwork messed up as well; overall people were in a good mood; much better once they were in the car and leaving the lot.

TLDR: as people say, getting the car CAN be a terrible experience but once you have it; you cant remove the smile on your face

My overall journey for Model 3 AWD LR MSM/black with 19' sport and Autopilot
In line reservation (thank you wifey!) March 31 2016
Order placed: March 17 2019
VIN Number: May 06 2019
Delivery: May 11 2019

HOLY HELL! Delivery took ~3 hours!!! They were running behind (that's fine, with increase deliveries and all) but they completely effed up my paper work 2x. First time the car pricing was wrong (priced before autopilot became a standard); after that was fixed, they gave me both the BC and the Canadian EV rebate (on the LD AWD), which would of been extra nice (LOL) but it ment more time to wait for them to fix it.. Didn't help that the Vancouver Powell St location was a dump and had a keep a 2 year old happy (a nearby Macdonalds trip helped). One hour they said....

This is on top of the poor communication with my DA (slow emails, never answers phones/calls me back). Had to redo my financing which was only completed the day before delivery (May 10); at which I noticed that the car pricing was wrong and emailed my DA back to try to avoid this problem on delivery day (sigh)

TLDR: as people say, getting the car CAN be a terrible experience but once you have it; you cant remove the smile on your face

Who was your DA? Mine is supposed to be Tyler, but I only ever get Eddie on the phone, never response to emails or voicemails. After 70 days it's brutal.

Congrats on finally getting it and thanks for sharing your story!

Just got my delivery date of 5/21 after ordering on 5/1. No VIN yet. This is a Midnight Silver with black interior and 18" aero wheels. It's not the two weeks they initially indicated and not as soon as I'd like, but at least I know when to expect it now. There is definitely room for improvement their process.

Reactions: idealdreams
Got a text from my sales advisor this afternoon telling me my car should arrive to the showroom on the 18th and that I should be able to take delivery the next day, or 3 days earlier from the appointment Tesla scheduled for me through MyTesla account.

Beyond stoked and hoping there are no issues to delay!

Reactions: ammulder
Placed my order yesterday; just received notice via Tesla website that delivery is scheduled for 5/21. Based on above posts,
seems like I got in on a batch scheduled for 5/21. My pickup is in Mt. Kisco NY. And my head is spinning.

Model 3, LR-AWD, Silver/Black, FSD