TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

LR AWD Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tperugia, Mar 8, 2019.

1. 82bert

82bert Member

Order date 3/17

Ordered our 2nd Model 3 so that my wife and I can stop compromising on who has to drive the POS ICE. Super pumped.

White on black
    AWD
    18”
    FSD

Previous is blue on white with rest of same configuration. Love it.

• Like x 2
  2. annah_

annah_ Member

Do you guys have awd on the first one?

3. 82bert

82bert Member

Sure do. I toyed between getting RWD, but we live in MN and feel the value is there.

4. Thamanrp

Thamanrp Member

Maybe it will help someone (in SoCal) who's looking for LR AWD here. Went in to test drive and was planning to order SR+ or LR RWD before the price hike today at midnight. Asked about inventory car and discount and all they are able to offer now are LR AWD. There are many cars available for the discount. Got one with $3,710 discount for 2018, with 25miles on it. There is also another one advisor emailed me with only 7miles on it but it's on $3,370 off (which I can see is still available).

If you are OK with 2018 and want LR AWD with discount, definitely call them up.

5. annah_

annah_ Member

Did you have the chance to try the SR+?
    If so, how was it?

6. Thamanrp

Thamanrp Member

Sorry to hijack this LR AWD thread but to answer your question, they just now getting SR+ in and was just finished cleaning. So, SR+ was not available for test drive yesterday but it should be available this week.

• Like x 1
  7. annah_

annah_ Member

Ah :) I'm curious to see how it was

8. 82bert

82bert Member

Already got my VIN after ordering just yesterday (3/17). It’s a 2018 build (don’t know month yet). 178k. Anyone with a clue on month it was built?

I hate to be another one of “those guys”, but I was hoping for a 2019 build. It’s our 2nd 3 and it seems like one of them should be a 2019 build.

9. Scott7

Scott7 Member

The VIN for my LR AWD is 185k and according to the Tesla salesperson, was built the first week in December. I haven’t seen the car yet to verify this.

10. 82bert

82bert Member

I wouldn’t mind December.

11. rasputinj

rasputinj Member

Picked up our AWD in Marina Del Rey CA. Was in and out in 1 hour. Easy buying experience.

Changed order from RWD to AWD ON 3/16, 3/17 I had a VIN, 3/18 pickup

2019 build 205xxx

Car is awesome

12. Thamanrp

Thamanrp Member

My VIN is 147xxx and according to my advisor, the date was Dec 14th (not sure how true that is as the number is very low).

13. 82bert

82bert Member

#73 82bert, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Remember, model 3 VINs are not sequential. Thus, you could have an even lower vin that’s 2019.

14. destructure00

destructure00 Member

How are they assigned, if not sequential?

15. turok3000

turok3000 Member

You can use a free vin checker to verify year of build eg Free Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Decoder & Lookup

16. turok3000

turok3000 Member

Any luck getting it changed ? I ordered exactly the same as you in person at the main Bellevue sales and service center and was initially assigned a 2018 build. Fortunately, I noticed on the screen when the sales guy was showing me so I asked if he could change to a 2019 build and he did so within seconds. I guess they've got to get rid of 2018 stock somehow so makes sense that they might issue oldest inventory by default.

17. Watts 4 Me

Watts 4 Me Member

I ordered a LR RWD. I want to change it to AWD. Who do I need to call or what do I need to do? Just ordered it on 3/17

18. Byeehaaw

Byeehaaw Member

Exact same boat as you except only willing to change if i can get a significant discount. I’ve been seeing people get demo/inventory AWD for 4k discount which equals what my order is for LR RWD

19. Moze1021

Moze1021 Member

You should be able to go to your account online and "Edit Design" if you haven't been assigned a VIN yet. If not, call Tesla.

20. ICE2EVGuy

ICE2EVGuy Member

We had a Blue LR AWD with 19" wheels on order. We were assigned a 2018 that we rejected. Our trade-in was reaching 30 days/1000 miles so I had been calling Tesla and came to know my car will be custom built and that it would take time (No ETA but atleast 2 more weeks).
    My sales advisor called me yesterday to let me know that a 2019 car in my configuration is available but with aero wheels. He suggested we can take delivery and that he would order the sport wheel which would be fitted in 2-3 weeks - and dont bother about aero wheels curb rash etc - its on Tesla. To top it all off, since its an inventory car - they are also giving a $400 adjustment. Car has less than 5 miles on it, has never been assigned to anyone else and is a 2019 VIN. I can't be happier!

Our delivery is now scheduled for Sunday 03/24. So excited!

• Like x 1