Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a white/white LR AWD FSD on the 5th. Hadn't heard a thing, until an advisor called and said they had a couple inventory cars, but nothing with that color combination.
Told them no, and they said they'd wait for a custom build. No idea how long that's going to take.

After 9 days since I ordered, I had a call from an Illinois office saying they had a 2019 in Seattle exactly like I ordered except with black interior. Two hours later the local showroom called offering the same. I mentioned my wife doesn't like the wood trim, and they tried hard to sell me on doing a vinyl wrap. I checked out the install video on Abstract Ocean, and it doesn't look too hard, but I'm not sold.

Reactions: destructure00
OK, got my model 3 tonight, less than 48 hours from order. It’s a Jan 19 build
Congrats!

The "Registration" section of my order summary disappeared overnight. It was there yesterday. Does this mean anything in regards to order progress?

Screenshot_20190314-055211.png

I got contacted by Tesla Service today. They had stated that the car would be ready for pickup on March 18th previously, I moved it to the 19th. They called me today to see if I wanted to have them drop the car off at my house today. That would have been great if I would have had some prior notice. With financing, you have to have all the paperwork dated and signed before you can get a check....... So I am stuck leaving my poor Tesla in the Tesla parking lot waiting for Tuesday so she can be released for her first 0-100 sprint! lol

Just picked up my M3 today. There was a slight dent in the trunk, the Tesla team pointed it out to me, I would have seen it anyways though. They were waiting to see if I was going to reject the car. I did not reject it. They signed a form stating that they will replace the whole trunk lid. That satisfied me. The car is phenomenal!! A bit of advice about the amount of time to pick up the car. I have had two previous EV cars, so I had a pretty good handle on how it works and how to drive it. I was there almost 2 hours, which just flew by. I would plan for a minimum of 2.5hr to go through the process. There is sooooo much to learn about all the settings and all the possible adjustments. Smile is still stuck on my face........ :)

Question for the other LR AWD purchasers.. in wavering a bit in my decision and wondering if I should drop to LR RWD and add FSD instead. Anyone wrestle with the same decision? What was your logic??

I'm still kind of thinking AWD is something I'll use and notice everyday driving on back roads...vs the novelty of having FSD on highway...so that's why I originally made the decision..

I was planning to order online tomorrow, but figured I might as well call the nearest store/delivery center and see if they could help me over the phone with an inventory choice. Did not find my first option (blue), but did find my second choice (white) on a local car with 49 miles on it, built Dec 5th 2018.VIN in 180,000 range. Discount is $3900. Gonna take it! :D

Have 3 days to cancel and of course I’ll check it over well in person next week at delivery.

LR AWD
Pearl white
Black interior
19” sport wheels
Autopilot (Will remove for $3k savings. Don’t need it for my purposes, but maybe the 30 day trial will change my mind)

Question for the other LR AWD purchasers.. in wavering a bit in my decision and wondering if I should drop to LR RWD and add FSD instead. Anyone wrestle with the same decision? What was your logic??

I'm still kind of thinking AWD is something I'll use and notice everyday driving on back roads...vs the novelty of having FSD on highway...so that's why I originally made the decision..
AWD is not something you can add later. FSD will be a cheaper add on later...... For me the AWD is a must, not to mention probably a big plus when you go to sell it in the future.

Called today about my order from last Sunday. They said I had just been matched with a car, but it turned out to be a 2018 with 64 miles. I asked them to rematch with a 2019 with fewer miles. They called back in a couple hours, and now I have a delivery scheduled for Monday. :D

Ordered 3/13, black awd with black interior and aeros. I am far from the nearest delivery center (western NY), so a home delivery instead. Yesterday, the account started showing a delivery appointment for 3/29, but no vin yet. Called this morning, was told that I was matched to a vehicle, the sales advisor sent me my vin and window sticker by email, he also made sure I knew it was a 2019 vin. I was also told that the delivery advisor is still working out the details but should be in touch soon.

Ordered 3/13, black awd with black interior and aeros. I am far from the nearest delivery center (western NY), so a home delivery instead. Yesterday, the account started showing a delivery appointment for 3/29, but no vin yet. Called this morning, was told that I was matched to a vehicle, the sales advisor sent me my vin and window sticker by email, he also made sure I knew it was a 2019 vin. I was also told that the delivery advisor is still working out the details but should be in touch soon.
Delivery appointment changed to 3/25 at Mt. Kisco (was Pittsburgh). I am assuming this will be when the car will be registered and ready to be put on the truck for home delivery.

Ordered a Red/black interior/LR AWD enhanced AP Feb 27th. Almost immediately matched to a 2018. Pushed for a 2019. Delivery is stated for March 27th, but no VIN yet. My gut tells me it will push out, but hoping to be surprised!