Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my White LR AWD Monday morning and by my initial inspection, everything looked great and my first 70 miles drove great. I was the first 10AM appointment and my only complaint was I had to wait about 30 mins before taken to my car. They had to charge it to an appropriate level. They got it on a supercharger up to 70% which was sufficient for me.

The car took about 25 miles to configure the cameras / sensors before I could use autopilot other than the lane assist. After that everything is great and I'm very much enjoying the car. I love the white and I'm glad that I waited the 4 weeks for it.
Congrats! How was the build quality? Still waiting here on the west coast.

Congrats! How was the build quality? Still waiting here on the west coast.

Thanks! Overall I feel it was great. The panel gaps aren't 100% perfect but nothing that stands out to me or will bother me at all. I was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality and have no complaints on the car.

I wanted to share this to everyone waiting since it seems like we only read horror stories most of the time on the forums.

Hi there! First post here :)

From Bellevue, WA

I ordered a LR AWD / Blue / Black interior / Aero wheels / FSD on August 10, 2019. Today is August 27th, 2019, no VIN and no contact from delivery team. Page still displays "delivery within 2 weeks", we will see...

Anyone in similar boat ?

Thanks in advance,
Louis

From Bellevue, WA

I ordered a LR AWD / Blue / Black interior / Aero wheels / FSD on August 10, 2019. Today is August 27th, 2019, no VIN and no contact from delivery team. Page still displays "delivery within 2 weeks", we will see...

Anyone in similar boat ?

Thanks in advance,
Louis
I went into my local Tesla dealer yesterday. Long story short...their quarter end is September 30 and they expect a huge influx of cars over the next couple of weeks. I'm based in the Bay Area so I'm hopeful this is true given proximity to their factory in Fremont CA.

I just find it frustrating that I can track my Domino's pizza order but there is zero visibility on when I can realistically expect my car. I don't respond well to "estimated time frames."

• Love
Reactions: CMoZ
I went into my local Tesla dealer yesterday. Long story short...their quarter end is September 30 and they expect a huge influx of cars over the next couple of weeks. I'm based in the Bay Area so I'm hopeful this is true given proximity to their factory in Fremont CA.

I just find it frustrating that I can track my Domino's pizza order but there is zero visibility on when I can realistically expect my car. I don't respond well to "estimated time frames."
hoping this is true. If it is, that makes it sound like the holdup is moving them around. Why not just ship in smaller batches at least up and down the west coast

From Bellevue, WA

Anyone in similar boat ?

Thanks in advance,
Louis
Lol. Yep. All of us are still waiting. Expect most of our orders to be completed by end of September which is their fiscal quarter end. They'll want us to take delivery before they have to report financial numbers.

hoping this is true. If it is, that makes it sound like the holdup is moving them around. Why not just ship in smaller batches at least up and down the west coast
I think the holdup is that they need to start production lines, especially on the white ones. Since it's a default color, orders have increased exponentially. They've been pushing out right handed drives for Europe and performance models supposedly as a priority up to now. So we'll see what changes.

I think the holdup is that they need to start production lines, especially on the white ones. Since it's a default color, orders have increased exponentially. They've been pushing out right handed drives for Europe and performance models supposedly as a priority up to now. So we'll see what changes.

Please let me know when you get yours. I ordered August 1, same config. I'll race you to Fremont!

From Bellevue, WA

Anyone in similar boat ?

Thanks in advance,
Louis

I ordered mine last Wednesday (8/21) with the same configuration as you minus FSD, and today I got my VIN and delivery for next week. Hopefully you'll have good news soon. So far my experience has been really swell with my delivery manager.

First post!

I ordered a LR AWD / Deep Metallic Blue / Black Interior / Aero Wheels on 8/16/19 and I'm located in the Bay Area. Heard nothing for over a week so I called the sales rep at the Walnut Creek showroom which I visited a few weeks prior. While on the phone she mentioned she was going to use some tool to check expected build date, put me on hold for a few seconds, then came back and told me an expected build date of 9/7/19 with a delivery of 9/8/19.

Anyone else heard of this "tool" to check expected build/delivery dates? I've never seen anyone mention this before!

Expected Build Date Tool
bbt001_magic_8_ball_300main.jpg

I ordered mine last Wednesday (8/21) with the same configuration as you minus FSD, and today I got my VIN and delivery for next week. Hopefully you'll have good news soon. So far my experience has been really swell with my delivery manager.
I also ordered mine on 8/21, white on black with aero wheels no FSD, got an email to schedule my delivery yesterday for Saturday 9/7 in Brooklyn, but no VIN yet.

Hi All! First post, just joined.

Ordered a LR AWD pearl white on black, aero, FSD on 8/12 (Bay Area). Same boat as most people, no update on Vin yet.

I'm moving from a 2002 SUV, so a big upgrade for my 90 mile round trip commute! The vast majority of my commute is highway, so excited about the future of AP and FSD and how it will improve my day. Prior to a few months ago I did not have the ability to charge at home, so I feel an EV just wasn't practical. Just got a 14-50 plug installed at my new place and planning out all my new car wash/detailing supplied haha. Planning on tinting everything but the sunroof and windshield as well.

Glad to be part of the club (soon)!

Don't be dumb like me. Yesterday I called to cancel my order that I placed on the 12th of August. I have been going back-and-forth on whether I should do this or not. I even cancelled the financing. This morning, called the bank, my loan office is out of office until next week, wanted to ask if they can undo the cancellation. Called Tesla, they cannot cancel a cancellation. Had to place a brand new order this morning for the same car.

The sales guy did tell me however that he is confident that I would have a car in 2-3 weeks, leaning more on the 3 week side. So, even though I cancelled, and placed a new order again, I don't think I really lost out on an earlier delivery.

Hi All! First post, just joined.

Ordered a LR AWD pearl white on black, aero, FSD on 8/12 (Bay Area). Same boat as most people, no update on Vin yet.

I'm moving from a 2002 SUV, so a big upgrade for my 90 mile round trip commute! The vast majority of my commute is highway, so excited about the future of AP and FSD and how it will improve my day. Prior to a few months ago I did not have the ability to charge at home, so I feel an EV just wasn't practical. Just got a 14-50 plug installed at my new place and planning out all my new car wash/detailing supplied haha. Planning on tinting everything but the sunroof and windshield as well.

Glad to be part of the club (soon)!

Congrats Cousin and welcome! We have an almost identical commute -- 90 miles roundtrip but I came from a 2007 Prius that finally kicked the bucket at about 270,000 miles.

FWIW depending on where you park (I'm in the East Bay all day) tinting the windshield and sunroof can make a huge difference in the solar gain of the car. I also booked into the group buy of PPF at Wheel XPerts -- good luck!!

Congrats Cousin and welcome! We have an almost identical commute -- 90 miles roundtrip but I came from a 2007 Prius that finally kicked the bucket at about 270,000 miles.

FWIW depending on where you park (I'm in the East Bay all day) tinting the windshield and sunroof can make a huge difference in the solar gain of the car. I also booked into the group buy of PPF at Wheel XPerts -- good luck!!

Thanks!
I'm coastside, commute to SJ. So heat isn't too bad over here. I'm doing the rear window up to the front seat sunroof line, I think the factory tint up there should be good for me but I will play it by ear. My current car didn't have anything on the windshield, but if it becomes an issue I will look into it for sure. I also looked into PPF, but I couldn't justify the thousands of dollars on it in the bay area. When I got my last car 17+ years ago I don't think it existed!

From Bellevue, WA

Anyone in similar boat ?

Thanks in advance,
Louis

Exact same config.
Except I added FSD two days later.
Ordered on the 11th. No VIN.

I feel I'll get a pickup date before the VIN.

Please let me know when you get yours. I ordered August 1, same config. I'll race you to Fremont!
Mine went in August 3.

Hi there.... What is the group buy at Wheel Xperts?