Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on 8/3. White on white, AWD, FSD, 18 Aero. Matched me last Monday to a car that was in the Bay Area. I paid in full expecting delivery last week. SA called back 8 hours later to say "oops, sorry, that car we matched to you was actually in Chicago. It will be 2K to ship it here". Yea, no thanks. Still waiting, and I have nothing to show for my money which Tesla is now collecting interest on. When I inquired about getting my money back, the manager said "it will take longer to get your money back then to get a new car". Nice. Tesla sure knows how to suck the fun out of a buying experience.

I ordered on 8/3. White on white, AWD, FSD, 18 Aero. Matched me last Monday to a car that was in the Bay Area. I paid in full expecting delivery last week. SA called back 8 hours later to say "oops, sorry, that car we matched to you was actually in Chicago. It will be 2K to ship it here". Yea, no thanks. Still waiting, and I have nothing to show for my money which Tesla is now collecting interest on. When I inquired about getting my money back, the manager said "it will take longer to get your money back then to get a new car". Nice. Tesla sure knows how to suck the fun out of a buying experience.

Ouch @beldrizzo. Sorry to hear that. It sucks getting jerked around when anticipation is so high -- hopefully the wait will be worth it, I am hoping it doesn't take too much longer. In my mind and from what I have heard from the majority of owners, the wait is absolutely worth it. Plus the pile of accessories in the garage keeps growing LOL.

Reactions: CoyoteJim
Plus the pile of accessories in the garage keeps growing LOL.
Yes, researching, shopping for and ultimately buying accessories is the only way to mitigate the extreme delayed gratification experience of buying a new Tesla - at least one that's not pre-built. I've ordered a few things, some of which I may not use. If I don't get a VIN soon I could end up with a roof rack before I even have the car...

Yes, researching, shopping for and ultimately buying accessories is the only way to mitigate the extreme delayed gratification experience of buying a new Tesla - at least one that's not pre-built. I've ordered a few things, some of which I may not use. If I don't get a VIN soon I could end up with a roof rack before I even have the car...
Heh... Ya... I just bought a bunch of stuff from RPMTesla this morning. I assume I'll have their accessories before the car.

On that note, I just noticed some standard plus models just appear on the Tesla site. So it looks like some Pearl White cars are coming out of the factory. That makes around 10 this weekend so far.

Waiting 4 weeks today. Since they said delivery in 2 weeks, I had a electrician install a dryer/range plug in my garage right away and bought the Tesla adapter for it. It taunts me everyday. It looks a little like a finger in the air :)

Reactions: CoyoteJim
Waiting 4 weeks today. Since they said delivery in 2 weeks, I had a electrician install a dryer/range plug in my garage right away and bought the Tesla adapter for it. It taunts me everyday. It looks a little like a finger in the air :)
I feel your pain. Had mine installed a couple days after I ordered. It’s lonely
3B3C047C-0CEB-4F74-BAD7-5754C1DBAF8A.jpeg

FUUUUUUU. Just got off the phone with a rep asking why I haven't heard anything ( Just missed my estimate a few days ago ) they're saying there's such high demand for SR RWD's thats pretty much all they're shipping to my area right now. Also they claimed lower wait times for White or Black paint. Also still can't give me any info on if I'm going to be waiting 6 more days or 6 more months. Not too pleased that a company that controls everything from the factory allt he way up to delivery can't at least give realistic estimates. Also not too please that nobody is getting consistent information

FUUUUUUU. Just got off the phone with a rep asking why I haven't heard anything ( Just missed my estimate a few days ago ) they're saying there's such high demand for SR RWD's thats pretty much all they're shipping to my area right now. Also they claimed lower wait times for White or Black paint. Also still can't give me any info on if I'm going to be waiting 6 more days or 6 more months. Not too pleased that a company that controls everything from the factory allt he way up to delivery can't at least give realistic estimates. Also not too please that nobody is getting consistent information
We're all in the same boat. Hopefully we'll have cars before their quarter end on 9/30.

We're all in the same boat. Hopefully we'll have cars before their quarter end on 9/30.

I can deal with the wait so far. I know a lot of previous buyers had to wait a lot longer. I sold my ICE car but I've been riding my Zero to work, so I'm not having to continue buying gas because of the wait. But if it goes past the end of September and starts to get into the rainy season I'll be a bit grumbly.

Just got off of the phone with the Tesla Sales Manager and he says to "sit tight as there's literally nothing we can do" until they get a VIN assigned from the factory. Sigh. Two weeks exactly out from order date, and even knowing it was futile to get anything sooner I still had to try. He said look for a possible VIN update on Friday but no guarantees, this is from the San Francisco sales office.

Not sure if it means anything but Sudden influx of Black and MSM SR+ RWD's here in Vancouver more added to existing inventory every day. Still no VIN assigned to my 08/18/19 MSM LR AWD order though. Over production of SR+'s maybe?

Order Date: 8/9
Config: White M3 AWD LR - White Interior - 18in aero wheels
No VIN.
No estimated delivery.
Live in Fremont.

Sales Advisor won't pick up my calls/reply to my texts. Absolutely terrible customer service from Tesla.

Funny, I ordered the same car on 8/12 and I'm having same problem with my SA. I did call in about a week ago and they said expect another 2-3 weeks for white model 3s.

Order Date: 8/9
Config: White M3 AWD LR - White Interior - 18in aero wheels
No VIN.
No estimated delivery.
Live in Fremont.

Sales Advisor won't pick up my calls/reply to my texts. Absolutely terrible customer service from Tesla.
You have the same order as me. I ordered 8/3. I popped into the Fremont showroom this afternoon and spoke to a sales person. I asked what the hell was going on with production. She admitted they had been focused on China and overseas delivery and just started up production for US orders. She said I should expect to see a car by 9/15. I don't believe that but we'll see.

On the way out, I drove past their holding lot... There were a lot of cars sitting there but I couldn't tell if they were for the US or overseas.