TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

LR AWD Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tperugia, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Whoisbill

Whoisbill New Member

So we got our vin a few days ago, but we only saw it because it suddenly appeared on the website. But we have not received any text yet or anything with the delivery date, though the site does say 9/18 at 10:00am. But we never confirmed that, and no one has reached out to use yet. We got the car new in the store, but the SA bascially built it on the website for us. Of course he's not in the office now and won't return till next week. Just kind of a pain to not actually get confirmation, no email, no text info just appeared on the site. Should i plan to actually get the car that day, or is it a generic hold or something? Can i call someone else?

2. HiO2

HiO2 Member

You can call the delivery/service center to confirm/reschedule the delivery appointment. Even I never received a text/email/call alert that the car was ready. I saw the VIN using the view source method and called up with service center to schedule my delivery :)

3. DopeGhoti

DopeGhoti Member

The same happened to me yestersay. Suddenly a VIN on my account page; no call, no email, no text.

Looked up and called the phone number for the delivery center at which I was scheduled and confirmed the pickup appointment. They answered the phone immediately and were quite helpful in confirming everything for me and ensuring all my ducks were in a row.

4. veemt

veemt Member

Just noticed a bunch of LR AWD in the base config (at $47,900) around the country (i.e. 2019 Model 3 | Tesla). Unfortunately I'm in SoCal - does anyone know if there is an extra 'freight' or 'destination' cost if I was to order one of these and cancel my prior order?

5. Sail

Sail Member

Update from Toronto Ontario Canada: white outside black inside aero wheel nonFSD. Ordered aug 26th. Delivery message received on Sep 9th, scheduled for Sep 21. No VIN.

Talked to my sale rep today: 1. they do not assign vin to me until the car arrives at showroom and passes inspection. They are afraid of damaged car during transportation. 2. Toronto is getting 60 delivery next week and 200 the week after. The person told me this level of delivery is the unheard of and it is due to the high demand.

The production is really ramping up. Given Canada has always been Tesla’s dont care too much market, I expect u guys from the other side of the boarder can expect more delivery.

“Due to high demand” shall we start to buy Tesla stock? I think q3 delivery will be mind blowing.

6. mreynolds767

mreynolds767 Member

With new cars, delivery outside of a region is usually not an option even for an extra cost. You could pickup elsewhere.

Online inventory shows 5 of the identical car config. at my closest Service Center. I called them and gave them the VIN's and all were in transport, 3 in CA still and 2 in UT on their way ; so even though showing as in MA on the website they are a week or so away.
    I think there is a large quantity of inventory cars coming to all locations and orders are going to be filled very soon so think you will fine.

My general opinion: August production concentrated on getting caught up in Europe and other markets. Sept is back to US concentration.

7. DevilsemBuck7

DevilsemBuck7 Member

To follow up, just checked my account - no vin yet - then checked the Source Code and BOOM! Vin was in there. Going to wait until next week to call but hope to have the car soon!!

8. Sail

Sail Member

I checked my vin every lunch and before sleep. Nothing still not in source code. My sale person told me no vin until my car is here and pass inspection. I was told likely my car is among the 60 next week and likely the delivery will be earlier.

9. fastpanda

fastpanda Member

LR AWD white/black FSD
    Order : Aug 15
    Text to schedule delivery date : Sep 8
    VIn in source code: Sep 9.
    Delivery date: Sep 23
    MVPA: Sep 10
    Got Insurance
    Paid in Full​

Still no VIN on my account page, i was told today that VIN will show up atleast 6 days before delivery. and more waiting.... longest 2 weeks ever.

10. FitYNABer

FitYNABer Member

(3) Weeks today

No Source VIN
    No Text
    No Call
    No Email

Just sadness....

Ordered 08/23: MSM, LR AWD, 18” Arero, Black Interior, No FSD.

11. bruinj26

bruinj26 Member

Ordered the same build the day after you from the Walnut Creek location (30 miles from Fremont). It's sad watching all these cars pop up in the existing inventory in other parts of the country. I'm trying to comprehend why they would send extra vehicles to other states when they have several of us living within 200 miles of the factory waiting.

• Like x 1
  12. CoyoteJim

CoyoteJim Member

13. reginaphalange

We pick up on Monday night. I just emailed my delivery guys to find out how we get this added to our account. All it says is you have to take ownership by the end of this month. I'll report back.

14. FitYNABer

FitYNABer Member

• Like x 1
  15. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

I hope this isn't a USA only thing, because I'm gonna be super pissed.

16. 19M3LR

19M3LR New Member

Delivery ended up scheduled for Tuesday the 24th, which works our perfect as I can go straight from the delivery to the shop for PPF, window tint, and ceramic coating. Also went ahead and ordered a Blue LR from existing inventory got delivery the same day, so adding two M3's to the driveway on the 24th.

17. BurgiM3

BurgiM3 New Member

Oh, I am in the same situation. LR AWD, blue w/white interior, 19” wheel. Got a VIN today 452XXX, delivery Sept. I may cancel and reorder but am going to talk with me sales guy tomorrow.
    Will be curious how you fair?

18. golfleep

golfleep Member

Been lurking for awhile, but placed on order today for MSM LR AWD, 19" wheels. Sales adviser that I've been stringing along for the past few weeks promised the 2 years free supercharging along with discounted color and wheels, and that delivery would likely occur before quarter end. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out!

19. Sail

Sail Member

I just emailed one of the Toronto stores. I would be so pissed too if it were just for US.

20. Sail

Sail Member