Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR AWD Red - White interior - 18 Wheels - Ordered March 27th.

I guess that combo is still waiting to be built, or has anyone received a similar spec/combo this month?

Any one had luck changing the order to match inventory? I can live without Red if that means getting a car before the end of may.
We configured a red and white, LRAWD, 19" on 06 APR 2019. Nothing, yet. We're in Houston.

LR AWD Red - White interior - 18 Wheels - Ordered March 27th.

I guess that combo is still waiting to be built, or has anyone received a similar spec/combo this month?

Any one had luck changing the order to match inventory? I can live without Red if that means getting a car before the end of may.

I ordered white on white 3/5 and hadn't heard anything.
Called the sales store yesterday and they said they had 2 matching cars, one with the 19" wheels and one that was a demo with 400 miles.
I opted to take the wheel upgrade, and picked up the car today!

I ordered white on white 3/5 and hadn't heard anything.
Called the sales store yesterday and they said they had 2 matching cars, one with the 19" wheels and one that was a demo with 400 miles.
I opted to take the wheel upgrade, and picked up the car today!

I assume you had to pay the extra $1500 for the bigger wheels but I can see how that might be worth it over an indefinite wait.

Was this the Park Meadows store?

Ordered a Midnight Silver with black interior on Friday the 20th and got a VIN and delivery date later that day. It’s listed as tentative and on the text it was at one location and on the website at my home so I need to figure out where to go. I need to get someone on the phone. I live in California which I assume is why the turnaround was quick.

Well, since getting my AWD car in 18" wheels was taking so long, they offered to bump me to 19" for free so that I could take delivery. I took them up on it, and now I have a VIN again. Seems like a reasonable deal to me...
That's awesome!! Im set up for a June match but I'd take delivery right now instead of waiting if they gave me a $1500 discount. Maybe it's worth offering it up to them??

Ordered my LR AWD, MSM, black interior with 19’s on the 12 of April, took delivery today.

Very pleased with the experience!

Attachments

• B774F940-5010-47E5-997B-A869262DDBF7.jpeg
    B774F940-5010-47E5-997B-A869262DDBF7.jpeg
    503 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: Moze1021
So check this out... I'm scheduled for delivery Friday, but decided to click on the "Change Autopilot" button to see what the options are ...

"FSD Computer" - first time I've seen that.

So .... during this Autonomous Driving preso, they mentioned that all Model 3's started shipping with the HW3 computer about 10 days ago.

Given that my vehicle said "FSD Computer" under the options.... is it possible that I'm actually driving around with the HW3 computer right now? Anyone know a definitive way to tell without tearing the car apart?

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 3.37.45 PM.png

So .... during this Autonomous Driving preso, they mentioned that all Model 3's started shipping with the HW3 computer about 10 days ago.

Given that my vehicle said "FSD Computer" under the options.... is it possible that I'm actually driving around with the HW3 computer right now? Anyone know a definitive way to tell without tearing the car apart?

View attachment 399579
I wouldn't stress over it, the only thing you may lose if you get FSD is a potential trip to service center (or even better with tesla ranger if possible). Elon had promised to swap all current HW2.5s to HW3s if you ordered FSD. If you don't have FSD, then HW2.5 should be sufficient.

Reactions: dmurphy
I wouldn't stress over it, the only thing you may lose if you get FSD is a potential trip to service center (or even better with tesla ranger if possible). Elon had promised to swap all current HW2.5s to HW3s if you ordered FSD. If you don't have FSD, then HW2.5 should be sufficient.

What’s your software version?

Oh, totally not stressing over it... if it's there, it's there. If it's not, it will be. Totally unconcerned; sorry if I gave any other impression. I did order with FSD (See the screenshot) so either way, I'll have the new computer at some point. Just a curiosity item at this point.

Software is on 2019.8.5 right now; that's what was installed when I picked it up on Friday. It does have a 4/2019 built date, so I'd give it 50/50 odds of having HW3 in my driveway right now...

Software is on 2019.8.5 right now; that's what was installed when I picked it up on Friday. It does have a 4/2019 built date, so I'd give it 50/50 odds of having HW3 in my driveway right now...

If you have 8.5 you do not have HW3. I confirmed with both the SC and Corporate Support that 8.xx and newer do not support HW3 at this time, which also explains why my car shipped with 7.102.

I did receive an update to 7.105 today, curious now what this fixes.

Reactions: dmurphy
If you have 8.5 you do not have HW3. I confirmed with both the SC and Corporate Support that 8.xx and newer do not support HW3 at this time, which also explains why my car shipped with 7.102.

I did receive an update to 7.105 today, curious now what this fixes.

Gotcha. Makes sense. We're both 4/19/2019 delivery dates so could've gone either way. Congrats! Again - totally not concerned about it; when the time comes, they'll come install a new computer. In my driveway. How awesome is that?!

I ordered a Blue LR AWD with white interior and 19" sport rims on 4/13/19. I'm in the Tampa Bay area. I haven't heard anything about delivery since. My two weeks is technically this upcoming Saturday. What are the odds I actually get it within the timeframe?

I ordered a Blue LR AWD with white interior and 19" sport rims on 4/13/19. I'm in the Tampa Bay area. I haven't heard anything about delivery since. My two weeks is technically this upcoming Saturday. What are the odds I actually get it within the timeframe?

That’s just a standard message everyone gets, call and ask for an update or scroll back through this thread to get a sense of the ranges: days to weeks.

Good luck!