Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! Longtime lurker but now FINALLY part of the Tesla community (almost).

Ordered a white/white LR AWD Model 3, 18" aero, FSD on Monday 4/22, but actually got all my documentation in yesterday 4/24 due to a banking hiccup. Sitting on the "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment" page now and I'm champing at the bit here. Any guesses on what comes next/when? In Arizona if that helps.

Called my DA today, said that they couldn't match me to a VIN with white/white and they're getting it built. Will update when I get a VIN assigned.

This is good to know as I ordered essentially the same config. on 4/22 (wanted to get it in on Earth Day!) with the exception that I also wanted sport wheels. Longer wait, but at least it will be the most recent builds, I guess (though I never understand any of Tesla's processes). Thanks for the update. I have a feeling I'll be watching these forums obsessively for a while.

This is good to know as I ordered essentially the same config. on 4/22 (wanted to get it in on Earth Day!) with the exception that I also wanted sport wheels. Longer wait, but at least it will be the most recent builds, I guess (though I never understand any of Tesla's processes). Thanks for the update. I have a feeling I'll be watching these forums obsessively for a while.

I got the car you wanted lol.
I ordered a white/white with the aeros in early March. After not hearing anything for 6 weeks I called Park Meadows last week and he said they just got a white/white with the 19s in. I switched immediately and took delivery 16 hours later.

Hi First Post here too-
So much great info here, thanks guys.
Ordered and waiting - so far it seems genuinely only 2 weeks, next weekend will pickup, Blue, Aero Wheels, Black inside, FSD. Feel like a kid again at christmas.
Unfortunately spending all my free time trying to find a CU (in PA) to get a tesla % match for financing, anyone got any advice?

I was a early depositor, lined up before reveal, but the lack of a hatch really put me off, still would prefer a Model Y as really want the extra space, but then looking at hybrids and legacy automakers I just couldn't pull the trigger, like investing in the 20th Century old and dead. We decided to go big (with a loan) and get the LR AWD, we'll find a way around the lack of storage...On retrospect I'm kinda glad not to be a early adopter, so more of the kinks in production would have been ironed out.

Congrats! I just got notified tonight too, and I have none of the financing approved for my delivery next Saturday! My wife and I both have credit scores in the 770's so I am not worried about getting the Tesla 4.25 rate, but I am trying to score this 1.99 rate through APL credit union! My son works in Howard County, MD and I can become a member once he joins, but time is ticking! I am also a member of DCU credit union out of New England, but their rates are not as competitive as they used to be, but they have been awesome with my previous 6-7 car loans. Where do you work and what do you do? That is generally the best way to approach CU's and get the best rates

I'm getting super antsy...it's now been 6 weeks since I place my order with a note for June 1st match. It feels like it's taking forever!!! Watching everyone place orders and start enjoying their cars is making me jealous!!

Tempted to send a note to delivery advisor saying I'll take car sooner if they can offer any incentive, but then paranoid that might mean they hook me up with a demo or reject car and I'll have to complicate things by turning it down.

Well, since getting my AWD car in 18" wheels was taking so long, they offered to bump me to 19" for free so that I could take delivery. I took them up on it, and now I have a VIN again. Seems like a reasonable deal to me...

Have you taken delivery yet? I ordered a blue with white interior, FSD, with aero wheels on 4/14 and don't have a vin. Trying to decide if I want to wait for the white when it looks like there are a couple similar models available now with the black interior.

Congrats! I just got notified tonight too, and I have none of the financing approved for my delivery next Saturday! My wife and I both have credit scores in the 770's so I am not worried about getting the Tesla 4.25 rate, but I am trying to score this 1.99 rate through APL credit union! My son works in Howard County, MD and I can become a member once he joins, but time is ticking! I am also a member of DCU credit union out of New England, but their rates are not as competitive as they used to be, but they have been awesome with my previous 6-7 car loans. Where do you work and what do you do? That is generally the best way to approach CU's and get the best rates

Yeah my credit score was 777 and partners well in the 8's but just getting a quote dropped it down 11 points! I had thought it was gonna be like 5, how can getting a quote, and background credit check hit the score like that, so annoying...and just seems to me nonsensical.

Actually this is our big fear, we both work contract jobs, and both less than a year, I hope this doesn't get in the way of getting financing.
I'm in Bucks county, PA, but don't think I have time now to join, wait for approval then apply for the loan, I'm in process with Consumer Credit Union in Illinois for a loan quote, it's not super low rate though...like 3% I think....We'll see how that goes.

Question for everyone.. I ordered my car on 4/11.. this last week there was some confusion and my DA thought he found a car and it assigned me a vin and all that. Unfortunately that car was RWD and not AWD. I call my DA and he apologized and said it must have been a system error and he would correct it. Well they took until yesterday afternoon. However now it says my order was placed 4/27 and not 4/11.. does that put me at the back of the line?? Or do they still know I placed the order in 4/11?

Also... when I sign into my account it use to show a note and showed my referral code and all that. But now it doesn’t.. do you think that means it removed the referral code I used originally??
You should be fine. I think they are updating the referral info because they are offering 5000 miles now for new car purchases with referral. Mine isn't show up either.