Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. Joining in as a 10/10 order #48542 LW AWD Performance MSM White Interior w/ FSD. Had "within two weeks" as estimated delivery pre-10/17 changes. My rims got upgraded to the grey performance wheels (not complaining) and was informed they'd honor the original agreement price. Still no reach out from a DS or a VIN assigned. I'll patiently wait expecting it to come in December. If it comes earlier then I'll be happy. Gives me more time to decide if I want to wrap my care with PPF or not. Lets all hope for the best :)

how did you get upgraded? I was told after Q3 ended all sorts of upgrade deals stopped because they were only pushing cars for the quarter end. What incentive did they have to upgrade you if you were ordering from the factory anyway? That sounds like something you would do for an inventory car

how did you get upgraded? I was told after Q3 ended all sorts of upgrade deals stopped because they were only pushing cars for the quarter end. What incentive did they have to upgrade you if you were ordering from the factory anyway? That sounds like something you would do for an inventory car
Not entirely sure. I just remember my configuration changed from 20” performance wheels to 20” grey performance wheels and an increase in total car price due by about 1k since the performance package increased in price. I spoke to my sales rep and he said that it’s going to have the grey wheels and they will honor my original price I was given on my order agreement. So it’s not technically an upgrade if you don’t like the grey wheels but I liked the new grey wheels being released and was almost sad I wasn’t going to get it but now I am. I just got my delivery date postponed for that reason.

Decided to reach out to my sales agent today to just get his input in the waiting period. We ordered 10/12 and were quotes 4-6 weeks, however, he said now we are looking at the month of December for our delivery date. Problem for us is that we had already applied and been approved through financing on Tesla's website :/ so with that being said, he said he would try his best to find us a car before the loan expires ...... If not ....looks like we have to apply again in December. Blah.

If they are delivering cars now to some people on the east coast, why don't they spread some around California? What are all the delivery people in California doing? Sitting there playing cards while they have no cars to deliver? Instead they release demo cars?

Got to admit, Tesla is one strange company.

why do you think east coast is getting deliveries now?

I ordered LR dual/blue/black/Aero on Feb 28th. I got an email a few hours later from a person that said someone from the delivery team would be in contact shortly. Haven't heard anything more.

My order page still shows delivery "within 2 weeks from order placed date". Can't see that happening now though.
Hang in there. I ordered my performance m3 back in June when all the tax and rebates were due to be lessened. Was told 2 weeks, which after reading enough posts here, you’d think, totally implausible. It took 13 days. The only person I talked to at Tesla was the young man who came out to orient us, and pair our phones. Hope you get your ride soon(er). I empathize with you, it was a long 13 days for me.

When do I get a referral code? Is that after I take delivery. A friend is about to order too and he was gonna use my code.

Make sure he orders it with the URL that has your code. When he places the order, it should show at the bottom of your (and his) main account page.

I am a solar customer, so I got referral codes as well, which I used on me. As soon as I placed the order, the 1000 miles showed on my account. What I don't know, since I am both the sender and recipient, is if I'll get 2000 miles. I kinda doubt that though.

Make sure he orders it with the URL that has your code. When he places the order, it should show at the bottom of your (and his) main account page.

I am a solar customer, so I got referral codes as well, which I used on me. As soon as I placed the order, the 1000 miles showed on my account. What I don't know, since I am both the sender and recipient, is if I'll get 2000 miles. I kinda doubt that though.
Edit: found the code in the app. Nevermind.

Question.. should someone (a human as opposed to automated email) have contacted me after I ordered? I entered my trade info, and it says they'll get back to me within 24 hours, but I've also got nothing on that.

This is common, rest assured. My trade info is still sitting on that two weeks later. Typically once you have a vin assigned, the sales rep will complete the trade in information. This is a good thing, as if they do it now, it's only valid for 30 days, and your car may come later than that, forcing the entire process again.

Ordered 10/12, White AWD, Black Interior, 19" Wheels with FSD. Got my MY2020 VIN today (10/25) via my SA and a delivery appointment of 11/8.

Ordered 10/16, White AWD, black interior, 19inch wheels and no FSD. Got my VIN 10/21. It is a 2020 VIN. No delivery date yet but my SA told me within 2-3 weeks.

Congrats you two! I am envious.

If you would, could you please post your VIN numbers (either here or the spreadsheet from the sticky thread at the top of this forum). It helps us gauge the current production at the Fremont plant.