Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order on 11/22 and changed color (to Red) on 11/24. Order page shows 11/24, but I think I was in the queue since 11/22. Is that right? Looking at all the posts I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even get it by 12/31. Maybe I shouldn't have scheduled the nema 14-50 socket installation in garage -- now I'll be waiting weeks for a car to plug it into :-(

Once you Submit that, THEN the insurance tab will appear under "Next Steps". To the right of Next Steps will be the Completed Steps you already posted (4 green checks). At this point, you need to enter your CURRENT insurance...the policy that your car WILL be under.
I guess I’m not there yet. I have three black check marks done. None of them are green. That CR-V trade-in evaluation is being going on for at least a month now. No progress! I did have another vehicle info first and that was evaluated in four days, then switched to CR-V evaluation. I don’t know if that has affected it. But no insurance info or next step tab yet!

Attachments

• 2D798A58-A089-49C3-8E65-D237E6C5658D.jpeg
    2D798A58-A089-49C3-8E65-D237E6C5658D.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 65
I placed my order on 11/22 and changed color (to Red) on 11/24. Order page shows 11/24, but I think I was in the queue since 11/22. Is that right? Looking at all the posts I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even get it by 12/31. Maybe I shouldn't have scheduled the nema 14-50 socket installation in garage -- now I'll be waiting weeks for a car to plug it into :-(

Site still shows delivery by 12/31 today so you'll make it.

I guess I’m not there yet. I have three black check marks done. None of them are green. That CR-V trade-in evaluation is being going on for at least a month now. No progress! I did have another vehicle info first and that was evaluated in four days, then switched to CR-V evaluation. I don’t know if that has affected it. But no insurance info or next step tab yet!
Until you get all 4 checks, you wont get to the insurance page. But from others posting, it doesnt seem likely to hold things up. Not sure why its taking that long for the trade in. I got my response in about 4-5 days. Honestly, its going to be SUPER low. So I would go to Carmax and get an offer from them. My trade in value for my car was 1000 from Tesla. Carmax offered 2000. Get an offer in hand and then work with your SA to update your account.

Until you get all 4 checks, you wont get to the insurance page. But from others posting, it doesnt seem likely to hold things up. Not sure why its taking that long for the trade in. I got my response in about 4-5 days. Honestly, its going to be SUPER low. So I would go to Carmax and get an offer from them. My trade in value for my car was 1000 from Tesla. Carmax offered 2000. Get an offer in hand and then work with your SA to update your account.

A consideration: At least in PA, the value of your trade-in subtracts from the amount of the car you'll pay sales tax on -- so it might be worth trading it in, or just in the end not enough of a difference to be worth the hassle of selling it elsewhere.

Depends on your car, of course.

Tesla will honor the value of a Carmax quote, too.

A consideration: At least in PA, the value of your trade-in subtracts from the amount of the car you'll pay sales tax on -- so it might be worth trading it in, or just in the end not enough of a difference to be worth the hassle of selling it elsewhere.

Depends on your car, of course.

Tesla will honor the value of a Carmax quote, too.
TydalForce:
Correct. I went to Carmax and they gave me a quote for 2000. I took that straight to Tesla and they uploaded it into my account. They will deduct the 2000 from the cost of the car and save $60 on taxes. NC will do the same...Remove the trade in from the total cost of the car that gets taxed.

No down payment. I selected all cash for the car. Was hoping that maybe going that route would make things move faster. But doesn't appear that way.

Still no VIN in Source or using the VIN finder app.

It seems really random in what orders tesla fills first. I think they just prioritize logistics first, however they can deliver the most cars in a quarter thats what they do. Even if it means some people get cars within days and others 70+ days, its just their current business model.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
First post here!

Ordered a white/black LR with aeros on November 12th. Completed all of the loan and license requirements on the 12th including uploading current auto ins (minus Tesla obvs). I spoke to multiple reps throughout the end of November that said I would have a VIN by Nov 30... It's now December 3rd and still have no VIN.
One rep said I'd likely take delivery by December 9th but I don't see that happening if they still need to ship the vehicle to Houston and then to me in New Orleans.

Waiting is hard.

First post here!

Ordered a white/black LR with aeros on November 12th. Completed all of the loan and license requirements on the 12th including uploading current auto ins (minus Tesla obvs). I spoke to multiple reps throughout the end of November that said I would have a VIN by Nov 30... It's now December 3rd and still have no VIN.
One rep said I'd likely take delivery by December 9th but I don't see that happening if they still need to ship the vehicle to Houston and then to me in New Orleans.

Waiting is hard.
Welcome to the liars club. so many of us ordered in oct. and still remain in the wait line....even with a vin in source. Remember the first rule, not to trust anything an SA says to help along the sale.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Coloradoans waiting for Godot-- I emailed our Tesla adviser today and he says that "Once our carriers arrive by the week of December 16th, you should be getting a text message to schedule your delivery."

11/2 confug of LRAWD(y) B/W MSM 18"
(seems like that should be posted on a personals page)