Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR DW in the snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got some good snow to test winter snow storm'ish driving conditions for 2020 LR DM (no snow tires, just new-ish 4k miles so far all season tires that came with the car)

It was a very good experience compared to my other FWD cars, I never really lost much traction (doing mostly 50-60mph on highway) and always had power when I wanted it (the computer is really great at controlling the power output to the wheels)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/T2exfRk7vDD4Yu2H8

Easily passing a line of cars (all huddled too close even if they're going sub 40s mph)

Reactions: KenC
How is the regen braking? Do you feel any loss of control around corners when you lift off the accelerator?
I recently drove my M3 AWD during a heavy snowstorm. I was on rural roads in northwestern MA and southwestern VT. Lots of hills and lots of curves, even a long stretch where I was making first tracks on an unplowed road. No Snow tires - just all season radials. The car handled as well as two previous AWD Grand Cherokees I've owned. One important tip is to minimize your regenerative braking first. If you keep it on the high setting, the car can get a bit squirrely.

I have a 2020 LR AWD. First month I had it, took it to the snow and no problem whatever. Best part was preheating the car in cold morning and remotely defrosting the windows. Look like no more cleaning/prepping the windows in the morning before a drive.