Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Pricing..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there..
Newbie...and first post. Lot of good info here!
I ordered my SR+ with blue paint for 40,900 2 weeks ago.
After doing some more research found out that LR RWD is available to order off-menu so called the showroom associate that I had placed order with.
He told me the price would be 44,500. I gave it a thought and said go ahead and change my order.
And then, received the order change email end of the day which then showed the price 45,900 (before the paint). By then the showroom had closed to couldnt talk to the agent.

I see on the forum here that thats the price people have paid for it. so, just wondering will I be able to talk them to honor the 44,500 price I was told.
Anyone have experience like this? Was the agent just trying to get me to upgrade or could be a honest mistake?

Also - I am in NJ where the weather does get cold in the winter. Anyone having experience with the RWD in the winter time? Hows the traction with RWD and 18in wheels?

I’m in central NJ and made it through winter just fine with my LR RWD on stock 18s. If you’re really concerned about traction, winter tires will do more than AWD anyway.

I’d definitely go with the LR pack, range decreases by 20-30% on really cold days.

Reactions: Msjulie
45900 is the correct price for autopilot included. 44500 without autopilot - but they don't really offer cars without autopilot anymore other than SR-

Correct. Your salesperson is referring to the old price of $44,500 prior to them adding Autopilot as a standard feature. They raised the price by $1,400 and included Autopilot as standard about two weeks ago. Most of us had to pay $3K for AP so this is actually a really good deal if you want a car with Autopilot. But I don’t see them honoring the $44,500 price as they don’t want to unbundle Autopilot at this point. Most salespeople at Tesla give incorrect information. They just don’t keep up with the constant changes. It’s best to find out what is going on at Tesla on this forum. Good luck with your purchase whatever you decide. If you can handle the higher price the LR RWD is the way to go.

All,
Thanks a lot for all the info.
I think I will stretch and go with the LR.
Yeah.. Sales guys seem to not be up to date. In fact the LR RWD option itaelf was never told to me when I went to the showroom.
I found that out on this forum, so thanks to you guys!
Will post after I talk to him today but don't think the price will change.

Yeah.. Sales guys seem to not be up to date.

Ive been to my local Tesla quite a few times to ask about pricing and this is exactly my experience. Most of the sales people have to go higher up to get answers. At first the sales rep I was dealing with said you couldn't order LR RWD anymore at all and I was out of luck. He did ask someone else, but I got the feeling he didn't really want to put the work in, IMO.
Please report back!

So, spoke to the guy and he said that is it. the 44,500 price was prior to the AP inclusion which was "miss-communicated" to him earlier.

Which NJ center are you using? I purchased my vehicle out of Paramus and had some fantastic experiences with two of the folks there. Really knowledgeable, and in fact reached out proactively to take advantage of a price drop. PM me if you want their contact info.

I am coming to terms with the pricing for the LR RWD :)
Now for researching for the next items..
Accessories - definitely considering window tinting, wheel caps for the aero 18" wheels, center console wrap

I will go through the forum for some pointers on these, but anyone have references/pricing for window tint in central NJ, pls let me know.

IMG_2704.jpeg

I’m in NJ as well and would definitely recommend the LR. It performed fine for me this past winter in all conditions. However when the weather gets cold, as a first time EV owner I was shocked at the impact it had to the range. Still love the car tho

• Disagree
Reactions: JeffK