Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE on CPO?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea I know how to tell. Im asking what connection SHOULD it have. It’s my understanding there were a lot of upgrades associated with this and they cost money to enable. I want to make sure i’m getting what I should be when I pick up.

Reactions: StarLog
Yea I know how to tell. Im asking what connection SHOULD it have. It’s my understanding there were a lot of upgrades associated with this and they cost money to enable. I want to make sure i’m getting what I should be when I pick up.

Well it's either going to be 3G or LTE. If you see 4G, that means it has the LTE modem, but isn't pulling an LTE signal (rare occurrence). If it's 3G, it has not been upgraded.

As other posters have noted, the cars either ship with 3G or LTE modems (there was no 4G modem). You said your car was built in November 2015. That's after the point that Tesla started shipping LTE modems in new builds, so I'd expect LTE. (The cut-over was sometime in the middle of 2015...I missed it on my car by a few months.) Note that if you happen to be in an area where there's no LTE coverage but 3G coverage exists, the car will fall back to 3G (or possibly even slower!) and that's what you'll see on the CID.

Bruce.

It most likely has the LTE option based on your production date, but that is not an absolute. LTE is not an "enabled: option. It is a hardware change over the 3G and costs about $200 - $300 to upgrade last time I looked. My car is a 6/15 build date and has LTE.

It most likely has the LTE option based on your production date, but that is not an absolute. LTE is not an "enabled: option. It is a hardware change over the 3G and costs about $200 - $300 to upgrade last time I looked. My car is a 6/15 build date and has LTE.

The current cost from my local SC, is $500

$200 for the LTE pcb
$300 for the labor