Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Upgrade Back to $500?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to my service advisor here in Long Island and he gave me a new quote of $500 versus $329 a month ago. I think these people don't know what they are doing. I even told him that you gave me a quote for 329 the other week, whats the change? He said, prices go up and down, out of my control. I find this hard to believe, and annoying with inconsistency is very common at my service center. They are the only one mind you on long island at this current time.

Anyone else get something similar? Id like to go for it for the 329 obviously as i sat on it for a few weeks. I guess that was my fault, but to go up a significant amount back to what it was is pretty weird.

Sorry to bring this back. It’s $900 now in Maryland. Tried to get a quote on 2015 Model S and they said it’s now $900. Also, mentioned that prices change all the time and that this is the current price. I was on the border at $300, but at $900, no way.

There are whole thread from several years ago of pissed off owners who paid for LTE but then had it throttled to the same speed as 3g at some point...the same point that Tesla made the upgrade free when you're getting a new or refurbished MCU. There's no difference in LTE and 3g speeds on our MCU1s.