Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lubricant/grease for de-noising rubber door seals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys

I've had an annoying, feint sound coming from ear-level around my driver's door window, when I go over uneven surfaces. It's not loud, but it's definitely there and it's been a bit irritating.

I took the car in to get a few things checked out at service, and they said that sometimes a bit of lubricant can minimise those sorts of sounds. They applied it, and it does seem to have helped.

I asked him what type of product could be used for this, and he said he wasn't sure what consumer products were out there. So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good lubricant product that's suitible for rubber door seals and which would minimise friction and hence noise?

Guessing plenty of people have had this sort of problem with their frameless doors, so I'm keen to hear your thoughts.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers
Mike

Honda Shin-Etsu grease. Not only does it keep the seals silent, but they keep the seals looking brand new. Been using it over all my cars for the past twenty years.
This looks good!
Trying to track it down here in Australia, it seems that the suppliers who have it currently have it back-ordered.
Does anyone know of a similar product that's the same quality?

Cheers and thanks!
Mike