Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid Air Motor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucid is based near my house in Newark California. I give it a 25% chance that Apple buys them because they are so close to Cupertino. I too am impressed with their car. Looks like it starts at $60,000 and they spent 4 years battle testing it. Very interesting. I like them more than RIO or NIO or any other newcomer... Can't wait for them to go public... The talent they have is very impressive too, however they are so behind right now behind Tesla. It will be a large feat to catch up.

Lucid is based near my house in Newark California. I give it a 25% chance that Apple buys them because they are so close to Cupertino. I too am impressed with their car. Looks like it starts at $60,000 and they spent 4 years battle testing it. Very interesting. I like them more than RIO or NIO or any other newcomer... Can't wait for them to go public... The talent they have is very impressive too, however they are so behind right now behind Tesla. It will be a large feat to catch up.
Pretty cool meme. Awesome.

The Lucid Air looks amazing. It has great range at 400 miles. The car is beautiful, stylish and luxurious. The FSD tech is impressive and looks very promising. Price point is very attractive as well. But it will be tough for Lucid to ramp up production and make a profit. It will be a huge uphill battle because Tesla already dominates the EV market.

Reactions: XLR82XS
What I'm particularly curious about is Lucid's motor. How is it so more efficient? Anybody know of any plans by Tesla to make their motors more efficient in order to catch or surpass Lucid's motor? If so, I wonder whether Tesla/3rd party will also offer more efficient motors for older models--those of us who already own.

The Lucid Air looks amazing. It has great range at 400 miles. The car is beautiful, stylish and luxurious. The FSD tech is impressive and looks very promising. Price point is very attractive as well. But it will be tough for Lucid to ramp up production and make a profit. It will be a huge uphill battle because Tesla already dominates the EV market.

A few good write-ups in the auto pubs such as this Car & Driver:

2021 Lucid Air: What We Know So Far

It seems the $60K Air will not be the intro model - or the desirable model either. Only 240 mile range. Deal-killer for most first-time EV buyers (like me).

The one everyone will want was said to be "low six figures". A bit more than a Model S, but quite a bit more upscale interior. And leather seats ;-)

A few good write-ups in the auto pubs such as this Car & Driver:

2021 Lucid Air: What We Know So Far

It seems the $60K Air will not be the intro model - or the desirable model either. Only 240 mile range. Deal-killer for most first-time EV buyers (like me).

The one everyone will want was said to be "low six figures". A bit more than a Model S, but quite a bit more upscale interior. And leather seats ;-)

Great find. Thanks for sharing. Yeah, the Lucid Air is definitely a luxury EV. But that interior looks amazing. I think it is a beautiful car inside and out. But I agree that the base model might not be very desirable. But if you can afford to the top model, the Lucid Air feels like the perfect EV for executives.