Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid Air vs Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish we could keep the politics/views out of this and just compare Lucid Air to Tesla Model S. That is really all I care about. 🙂

Sure...

Everything is politics.

And I have yet to meet another human being that didn't have some kind of agenda...

An expressed 'desire' to exclude politics is also quite telling...

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Disagree
Reactions: bllydia and DBV1
Sure...

Everything is politics.

And I have yet to meet another human being that didn't have some kind of agenda...

An expressed 'desire' to exclude politics is also quite telling...

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Let’s compare cars and not talk like the above please. You can make the case you are making on about almost every business, so lets move on and just talk about Tesla Model S vs Lucid Air.

All the other crap is not healthy or productive. This is a car forum and there are plenty of politics forums to post those views at. 🙂

• Disagree
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
...] You can make the case you are making on about almost every business [...

No you can't. Military Dictators do not own many businesses at all.

...] All the other crap is not healthy or productive. [...

That is your opinion. I do of course completely disagree.

This is a car forum and there are plenty of politics forums to post those views at. 🙂

And?...

We are allowed to discuss Elon and the ownership structure of Tesla – aren't we?...

So why should we not be allowed to discuss the majority owner of Lucid – the Military Dictator Mohammed bin Salman?...

Why should Mohammed bin Salman be delineated(?) from reality?

You don't seem to think that this is important. But I think it is extremely important. For me it would unfortunately be a complete and utter deal-breaker.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: DBV1
@SwedishAdvocate you absolutely have every right to talk about anything you want to, but why not start a new thread on that then? and if people to chime in there, there's a specific place for that. title header on this is "lucid air vs model s", no?

Why?

The user Tam posted upthread about Lucid's ownership structure almost two months ago on June 26th. No-one has objected at all during almost two months(!)... So why should Lucid's majority owner – the Military Dictator Mohammed bin Salman suddenly be delineated(?) from from this thread now?...

And how is this not relevant when deciding whether to buy a Tesla or a Lucid?

Many refuse to by a car from a Chinese car corporation, especially if it that corporation is directly owned by the Chinese Military Dictatorship (like MG for example), so why would it be any different when the majority owner is the Military Dictator Mohammed bin Salman?...

Believe me – I agree that this is very, very unfortunate. But actions have consequences...

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Lucid is a very feature rich car. More luxury than Model S. It is also much more expensive.

Super low volume produced, so you get some ownership status as well.

Larger battery gives it more range, but also more weight.

Model S Plaid gives higher level of performance for less $

Reactions: EXOTIC1
If you like the Lincoln look…… I don’t
You are right again according to my data:

Majority of people whom I encounter don't approach me. For example, when I was charging my Lucid at Electrify America that's next to 20 Tesla Supercharger stalls but only 2 got out of their Teslas to praised the look in that instance.

Majority of EV owners buy Tesla and not Lucid.

So, my data does not contradict your dislike of the Lucid's look eventhough there have been quite a few people approached me about liking Lucid. They are not the majority.

You are right again according to my data:

Majority of people whom I encounter don't approach me. For example, when I was charging my Lucid at Electrify America that's next to 20 Tesla Supercharger stalls but only 2 got out of their Teslas to praised the look in that instance.

Majority of EV owners buy Tesla and not Lucid.

So, my data does not contradict your dislike of the Lucid's look eventhough there have been quite a few people approached me about liking Lucid. They are not the majority.
I think the Lucid looks great, especially the front and side. Still think the current Model S looks great too, especially the rear of it. Would take the front of the Lucid and the rear of the Tesla. Lol

All the time and effort they put into this thing should probably have been put into the SUV instead. Even that Saudi money will dry up eventually if Lucid can't turn a profit. Luxury sedans, no matter how nice or fast, will not be enough to carry the day for them.
Lucid Gravity suv with 2 to 3 rows, up to 7 adults will be next.

Unveiling on 11/2023, in less than 2 months from now.

Production in late next year, 2024, or about a year away.

Reactions: DBV1 and Samurai51
Lucid Gravity suv with 2 to 3 rows, up to 7 adults will be next.

Unveiling on 11/2023, in less than 2 months from now.

Production in late next year, 2024, or about a year away.

I hope it's a good one that they can mass produce at a not crazy cost. For the sake of consumers, I'd like to see more than just Tesla thriving in the North American EV market. Rivan appears to be turning a corner. Maybe the Gravity will do it for Lucid.

Sapphire 249K lol
Good luck
A plaid will do 95% of what a sapphire will for 150 K less

IMG_8329.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: SO16 and MitchMitch
I hope it's a good one that they can mass produce at a not crazy cost. For the sake of consumers, I'd like to see more than just Tesla thriving in the North American EV market. Rivan appears to be turning a corner. Maybe the Gravity will do it for Lucid.

Lucid's price seems to destined to be higher than Tesla's for a foreseeable future. Tesla might get $20,000 car some day but I don't see that in Lucid's future.

Its non-performance sedans run from $82,400 for Air Pure to $125,600 for Air Grand Touring ($249,000 for performance Sapphire)

I expect its SUV will be slightly higher than non-performance sedans.

Reactions: Samurai51