TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ludicrous Plus

Discussion in 'Model S' started by yo mama, Apr 20, 2018.

1. yo mama

yo mama Supporting Member

Holy cow. I took a P100D out tonight with "ludicrous plus." Palpably faster than my P85D with "just" ludicrous. I'm totally getting one of these when my lease is up. Nice job, Tesla - you did good.

• Like x 1
  2. yo mama

no. Ludicrous plus > ludicrous > insane. It only shaves a few tenths of a second off the standard P100D. Whateves. I had a blast

3. Ande

Ande Member

Do you mean "max battery power" or just press and hold the ludicrous button or what ?
    There is no button that says "ludicrous plus"

• Like x 1
  4. Ketchups

Ketchups Member

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  5. Ande

Ande Member

Still: is the "plus" that so e more power got added by firmware update later.. or is it it the fact that you have the Max battery power or long press on ludicrous button ?
    When you sit inside a car... How do you know it have the plus option or not ? What would it look like if it did not have it ?

6. Ketchups

Ketchups Member

If ludicrous plus is not available, you will not be able to access that screen via long press on the "Ludicrous" button.

• Informative x 1
  7. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

There's no "probably" about it. Even without plus engaged, the P100D makes 126 hp more than the P85DL. The difference grows to 160 hp but only in plus which only works in launch mode from a stop.

• Love x 1
  8. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

He said palpably not probably. :p

• Funny x 3
    • Helpful x 2
  9. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Whoops:rolleyes:

10. yo mama

That's okay, I know you're a good and helpful dude. I took no offense and have always appreciated your technical insight on these boards.

• Like x 2