Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Luton Tesla Superchargers open for business

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if already discussed but Luton Tesla Superchargers have opened end of December. Were not showing up in Tesla navigation few weeks back but now showing up.

Conveniently located in Luton retail park but bit far from Airport M1 junction. Right next to 24 hour McDonalds and Starbucks.

Does anyone know if this one if Tesla only still and do overstay charges apply?

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Hi

It is listed on the app and it’s in “charge your non Tesla”

IMG_1472.jpeg

Tony

Hi

It is listed on the app and it’s in “charge your non Tesla”

View attachment 1011461

Tony
Did your message auto correct from 'not' to "but bit" ?
According to Google Maps, these chargers are all of 1.8 miles from J10 of the M1 and a mere 1.2 miles from the Airport. 👍
No usually for me I only used Motorway services Tesla SC sites before.
For those who were around during the Luton junction expansion - they know what a nightmare that junction can be. Even now in rush hour - just checked now those 2 miles could add extra 20 minutes journey just to get off the M1 and back from J11 and 25 mins to J10.

Visited Luton superchargers yesterday for the first time. Not the easiest to get to or leave … Followed the satnav, which recommended this stop to charge. First it tried routing me into the McDonalds car park next door, then tried via the drive through (both ways are not recommended…) Finally found the route to the chargers, and when leaving there’s a really awkward turn back onto the main road with high posts either side of the exit (why?), meaning I had to do an awkward two point turn like some learner driver.

On a positive note, it was my first time on a v4 charger. All was well, at least after minor struggle getting the charger back into its holster :)

Visited Luton superchargers yesterday for the first time. Not the easiest to get to or leave … Followed the satnav, which recommended this stop to charge. First it tried routing me into the McDonalds car park next door, then tried via the drive through (both ways are not recommended…) Finally found the route to the chargers, and when leaving there’s a really awkward turn back onto the main road with high posts either side of the exit (why?), meaning I had to do an awkward two point turn like some learner driver.

On a positive note, it was my first time on a v4 charger. All was well, at least after minor struggle getting the charger back into its holster :)
I was by there yesterday and two charger cables were laying on the ground. I'd like to think they were from non-Tesla users...