Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor LUXURY RHD Model 3 Floor Mats NOW AVAILABLE (I finally pulled my finger out!_

£199.99 for a FULL SET?

• My goodness these are expensive - are you mad?

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • These seem reasonably priced for a full set, considering the work and quantity of materials used!

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AlternateFlux

Former Vendor
Jun 29, 2019
UK
Okay...

So they're LIVE!

www.alternateflux.com

A bit more expensive than I anticipated for the first set because the rear, boot liner is HUGE! But at £199.99 for a full set of EVERYTHING I'm hoping that they're competitively priced with some of the other LHD sets out there.

IMG_20190827_194943.jpg

All critique welcome - but be gentle, 'cause I'm precious and I've worked hard to get the FIRST BATCH OF ONLY *TEN* -- ready ASAP for those people desperate for protection for their new pride and joy.

IMG_20190827_194714.jpg

IMG_20190827_194849.jpg

Hi all...

Just to explain the slightly higher than expected price situation - this set includes a boot carpet too (see above pic), which is quite frankly massive! And that's a whole lot of carpeting material.

Once this first run is done, I'll see if perhaps I can split the sets down into interior/exterior sets (?)

And it's perhaps also worth mentioning that shipping is included in that price. And posting this much carpet isn't exactly cheap ;p

I don't want people thinking I've gone bonkers... But at the same time, I do understand that it may feel a little "pricey".

No offence but they really don’t look that difference to tesla carpet mats unless I’m missing something?

They're thicker carpet, better quality material. Hard to hugely differentiate but also hard to actually get hold of any official Tesla ones at the moment either.

No offense taken... I mainly built these for me because I needed some, and made a few extra sets because I asked around with other SR+ owners (or people looking for thicker pile mats) and people said they'd be interested.

Also MASSIVE BOOT LINER!

Reactions: davidmc
They're thicker carpet, better quality material. Hard to hugely differentiate but also hard to actually get hold of any official Tesla ones at the moment either.

No offense taken... I mainly built these for me because I needed some, and made a few extra sets because I asked around with other SR+ owners (or people looking for thicker pile mats) and people said they'd be interested.

Also MASSIVE BOOT LINER!
what did you make them with? I mean how, and what?

If I actually had my car I'd probably buy a set. Even if they looked identical to the ones that come with the LRAWD because a thicker more premium carpet will for sure make the car feel more premium day to day.

Does the LRAWD come with a boot liner? Perhaps make that a separate option? Although I'd probably go for that too many might just want a cheaper option for the boot liner or no boot liner at all.

Last edited:
Can I say congrats for doing this! There is certainly a market waiting to be tapped with these. The quality of the mat looks good. The price isn’t that bad for what you are getting. Personally I would be looking for a rear mat that also covers the center bit in the middle and a front drunk mat. Overall though congrats and you nearly had me reaching for my wallet!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
If I actually had my car I'd probably buy a set. Even if they looked identical to the ones that come with the LRAWD because a thicker, the more premium carpet will for sure make the car feel more premium day to day.

Does the LRAWD come with a boot liner? Perhaps make that a separate option? Although I'd probably go for that too many might just want a cheaper option for the boot liner or no boot liner at all.

Yeah, I think I made a mistake with ten full sets. If I manage to sell these, then I'll certainly look at making separate interior/exterior options.

They'd be cheaper to post that way too, because the boot liner is about as big as me!

(I do quite like it though, and it offers the boot carpet extra protection which I think is nice).

Can I say congrats for doing this! There is certainly a market waiting to be tapped with these. The quality of the mat looks good. The price isn’t that bad for what you are getting. Personally I would be looking for a rear mat that also covers the center bit in the middle and a front drunk mat. Overall though congrats and you nearly had me reaching for my wallet!

Thanks man, I really appreciate that.

A Frunk mat is absolutely included! But I hear you entirely about a rear with that 'extra' bit. I'm looking into that.

And thanks for commenting on the price honestly. It freaked me out when I costed it all out but making and shipping these is genuinely quite expensive. And we've got people spending £250+ on laser cut pieces of vinyl in our community, so I'd hoped somebody would appreciate similar but with material!

To be honest I've been out of the luxury car mats game for a while. Can't remember how much the ones in a Porsche I had cost, maybe they were about the same sort of level and I'm just wildly optimistic about the costs involved in these things.

What is the logo in the bottom right?

Also - what happened with the idea to have different piping colours etc?

Obviously, I'm not sure what your costs are but at these price points, I'd probably go for it. Subsidise the boot liner with the sales of the internal mats (and front boot liner) until the boot liners are sold? I wouldn't wait because the cost of the boot liner may mask the demand that is there for your floor mats...

£150 interior mats
£200 with boot liner
£60 for boot liner only

...?

Reactions: 1 person
To be honest I've been out of the luxury car mats game for a while. Can't remember how much the ones in a Porsche I had cost, maybe they were about the same sort of level and I'm just wildly optimistic about the costs involved in these things.

What is the logo in the bottom right?

Also - what happened with the idea to have different piping colours etc?

Costa reduce with quantity produced really. This is a short test run of ten sets. Also there is the issue of a lot less floor space to actually cover in a Porsche.

And yeah, I can do coloured/matching stitching and if these go well then I hope to be able to offer that (I built the option into the website).

That logo is me getting carried away... I figured I'd need a website to sell them, so registered alternateflux.com as a URL ('cause it sounded vaguely electrical and cool) and decided to design a AF logo (as seen on the site) to brand everything together.

Think it's great that SR+ owners have an option for mats now. Great effort to get this off the ground.
I'd be happy to stick with the mats that come with my P+, but what I would be interested in is a good quality carpet or rubber mat which covers the whole of the boot floor space (not just the centre piece).

I know I could import something from the US, but having just been stung twice with import duty / handling charges on Abstract Ocean and Evannex orders, a decent UK option would be good.