TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

LyfeLens Dashcam?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by freelancer, Aug 20, 2015.

1. freelancer

freelancer Member

Is anyone getting this or do most people just go with the BlackVue 650?

LyfeLens

2. Tony Lin

Tony Lin Member

blackview, but gps is spotty!

3. seclinton

seclinton Member

+1 for the BlackVue 650.

Good HD video even through my back tint. Great front camera too.
    Wifi turns off after 10-15 minutes I think. That's annoying as my kids love watching the live stream on their iPad

4. freelancer

freelancer Member

Interesting. Best place to order the BlackVue 650? The price and such of this LyfeLens seems quite attractive, but it is still a preorder.

5. tliving

tliving Member

Doesn't look like it does dual cams. Depends on what you want it for but I like the dual cams on the Blackvue. GPS is spotty but thats more of a function of the Tesla glass than the camera and I imagine most cams would have the same issue.

6. Nosken

Nosken Member

Just tap the button near the cable connectors---turns back on.

7. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

Looks pretty neat, but probably more valuable to someone who doesn't already have a car with tracking capabilities.

Also, I can find no information about the company on the website. Not sure I'd send $200 to a website for a pre-order when the only contact method is an email form.

- - - Updated - - -

lyfelens_device_details2_large.jpg
    With rear camera on the main unit, you also get what's inside the car (presuming the lens is wide enough) but that also means most likely poor video of what's out your rear window.