Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

M3 2023 Rumbling noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many km did you put before first noticing the rumbling? If you noticed it right after taking delivery then it makes sense for the type of tires to be causing it. But if it was later, then either the tires may be unbalanced (unusual at 3k km unless if you've hit a pothole or drove over a curb) or you've got abnormal tire wear and possibly even misalignment.

I'm not a mechanic but I've been having similar issues with my '21 model 3. I am in the US and have Michelin MXM2 as stock. At around 30k km I noticed rumbling at speeds around 70 and more only on some roads, most of which being ones that are newly paved. Still haven't fully figured out why, but I noticed that there's higher relative wear on the inner sides of the tires, which may or may not be the cause. My alignment was within spec but the rear toe was positive (toe in) near max spec, which is probably what's causing the relatively heavier wear on the inside.

Basically, my advice would be to check the tire wear pattern, and if abnormal (higher inner wear, e.g.), check the alignment. If that's not the problem then look at rebalancing the wheels.