Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Bluetooth disconnects from phones every 18.5 seconds.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model 3. Bluetooth has been mostly fine until recently. Perhaps it was latest firmware update? My issue is that the bluetooth connection to my phone (or any phone) disconnects every 18.5 seconds, then reconnects. Unable to have a phone conversation when it drops out, nor can I stream music from phone. I have tried all suggested solutions to reset bluetooth, including restarting phones, rebooting Telsa screen, removing and re-adding phones to bluetooth. Sometimes after several attempts, usually rebooting Tesla screen, the problem may go away for a day or so, but then comes back. Customer support so far has not been able to track down the issue.

Customer support have decided my issue is that phones with more than 999 contacts on it will cause problems with the bluetooth connection. I don't know why this is suddenly a problem as I've had the same phone with the same number of contacts on it for 1.5 years and didn't have a problem until recently. The solution they gave me to turn off Sync Contacts on the bluetooth and leave it off or the databases on my Tesla could get corrupted again and they have to remotely rebuilt them to get the bluetooth going again. Now I'm unable to use voice command to call anyone and I don't know who is calling me unless I recognize the phone number. Anyone else having this problem? I can't be the only person with a Tesla with more than 999 contacts on their phone.

Customer support have decided my issue is that phones with more than 999 contacts on it will cause problems with the bluetooth connection. I don't know why this is suddenly a problem as I've had the same phone with the same number of contacts on it for 1.5 years and didn't have a problem until recently. The solution they gave me to turn off Sync Contacts on the bluetooth and leave it off or the databases on my Tesla could get corrupted again and they have to remotely rebuilt them to get the bluetooth going again. Now I'm unable to use voice command to call anyone and I don't know who is calling me unless I recognize the phone number. Anyone else having this problem? I can't be the only person with a Tesla with more than 999 contacts on their phone.
I am having this problem since updating to 2020.12.5. I have 650 contacts. I think that's some Service Center BS. This is a lovely new bug. Please let us know if anyone finds a real solution. May just have to wait for next update.