Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 deposit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received confirmation of the cancellation of my M3 deposit on 2/4, but have yet to see the $. Anyone have a deposit returned? Wondering why it is taking so long. I had been contacted by Tesla sales representatives many times to either buy a car or cancel my deposit, so I cancelled my deposit. Elon could surely afford to return my $. I guess he would rather owe it to me than cheat me out of it. We are currently looking for a used, low mile, dual motor M3 in the NE area, any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Be safe Jim

I received confirmation of the cancellation of my M3 deposit on 2/4, but have yet to see the $. Anyone have a deposit returned? Wondering why it is taking so long. I had been contacted by Tesla sales representatives many times to either buy a car or cancel my deposit, so I cancelled my deposit. Elon could surely afford to return my $. I guess he would rather owe it to me than cheat me out of it. We are currently looking for a used, low mile, dual motor M3 in the NE area, any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Be safe Jim
How much did you deposit? The $100 initial deposit is non refundable.

Well, you can try the consumer advocate at your local tv station or newspaper.
So is this how Tesla operates? Can I kiss the $1K goodby? I should not have to do anything. I was told at the onset that my $1K deposit was refundable. I cancelled 2/4 and have not heard a word since. How can I email Elon directly? He is a billionaire many times over. He can afford to return my deposit. If I don't see it soon, I will not even consider buying a Tesla, and will advise others to do the same. I cancelled after reading all of the horror stories about delivery and quality of the cars upon delivery, what Tesla has done to help buyers resolve issues, and the time it takes to get work done. I live in Vermont am not going to drive to Albany Ny. every time I might have an issue. Thanks for any help here. I can live without the $, that's not the issue, it is keeping your word when you enter a contract. Has anyone else seen a deposit return? Thanks

So is this how Tesla operates? Can I kiss the $1K goodby? I should not have to do anything. I was told at the onset that my $1K deposit was refundable. I cancelled 2/4 and have not heard a word since. How can I email Elon directly? He is a billionaire many times over. He can afford to return my deposit. If I don't see it soon, I will not even consider buying a Tesla, and will advise others to do the same. I cancelled after reading all of the horror stories about delivery and quality of the cars upon delivery, what Tesla has done to help buyers resolve issues, and the time it takes to get work done. I live in Vermont am not going to drive to Albany Ny. every time I might have an issue. Thanks for any help here. I can live without the $, that's not the issue, it is keeping your word when you enter a contract. Has anyone else seen a deposit return? Thanks
I don't know. I made a $100 deposit about a month ago, and asked for a Jan/Feb delivery. So I can't say anything from direct experience.

Frankly, I don't see why you waited two years to decide. Oh, and the "horror stories" you referred to seem to be no worse than what I've experienced with other car manufacturers.

Hello fellow NE'er! I'm in Rhode Island.

I ordered 6/16/2020 for an inventory 2020 TM3 SR+ using the web, and a $100 deposit. Delivery was 6/30/2020 and was FLAWLESS, even during these times were all facing. Vehicle is immaculate and the brand-new car smell can never be beat. I looked her over many times in the past week aiming for an issue, and have found ZERO.

Let me add that I am an Internet Marketer by trade. Have been in the biz for over 20 years. People run to the net to tell negative experiences about 85% more than running to tell the good ones, so in essence, you will see MANY more thumbs downs than thumbs up, so basing your purchase on the issues others have had, and have told via the net, shouldnt deter you. For every 1 of those negative experiences, there were most likely about 8-9 positive ones. Name a car manufacturer with a 100% customer rating, and Ill buy that stop RIGHT NOW. Its impossible.

Also, there is a reason Tesla just passed Toyota to become the richest car manufacturer. It wasnt because of being crap.

Reactions: alset92977
Thanks chdavis.I think i tried that but will try again. Great forum. Michelle, we gave the $ we were going to spend on a Tesla to one of our daughters and son-in law to buy a house. Their 550 cow dairy farm here in Vermont went bankrupt, as have many farms here. New car companies have growing pains. I have read stories of problems. Many right here. We have a few shares of Tesla stock, and it's jump puts in a position to buy am M3. We will be looking for an M3 dual motor LR in the NE area. Be well all and be safe.

Hello fellow NE'er! I'm in Rhode Island.

I ordered 6/16/2020 for an inventory 2020 TM3 SR+ using the web, and a $100 deposit. Delivery was 6/30/2020 and was FLAWLESS, even during these times were all facing. Vehicle is immaculate and the brand-new car smell can never be beat. I looked her over many times in the past week aiming for an issue, and have found ZERO.

Let me add that I am an Internet Marketer by trade. Have been in the biz for over 20 years. People run to the net to tell negative experiences about 85% more than running to tell the good ones, so in essence, you will see MANY more thumbs downs than thumbs up, so basing your purchase on the issues others have had, and have told via the net, shouldnt deter you. For every 1 of those negative experiences, there were most likely about 8-9 positive ones. Name a car manufacturer with a 100% customer rating, and Ill buy that stop RIGHT NOW. Its impossible.

Also, there is a reason Tesla just passed Toyota to become the richest car manufacturer. It wasnt because of being crap.

You are correct. Buyers are quick to complain if problems occur. Our closest service center is Montreal , Ca. Currently the border is closed with Vermont. They don't want us up there!! Albany Ny. is next. It is a 4hr. drive one way. Thanks.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
I don't know about the thousand, but I had two orders for the cyber truck, cancelled when I just bought my model 3 and the money was returned in two days. I don know in the contract if you don't cancel in time, the deposit is considered earned by the company. I saw that when I ordered my model 3, don't know why you have waited so long, I would have been calling already. There is a chance they keep the money but I have no clue. Regardless of the fit and finish stuff you have heard, I can saw as a new owner and previous person who passionately hated Tesla and hated the idea of a electric car, I will never buy anything else at this point. One ride in a coworkers car and I changed my mind, bought a new Performance 3 and never looking back

Tesla is notoriously bad at administrative issues. You will get your money back but you will have to chase them.

I put a $100 deposit down on a Tesla solar roof a few months ago. They looked at my roof and decided I was not a good fit for their product and told me I would get my $100 refund on my credit card. It never happened and I chased them to the point where I got tired of dealing with them so I disputed the charge. I won the dispute but to this day they have never acknowledged what they put me through. It’s just the way they are. Their cars are great...their service not so much.

Elon doesn't usually handle the day to day stuff... I would suggest contacting a store and asking for help there with any original order number you have and any record that it was cancelled. When I cancelled it was refunded automatically (I think as a check) within about a month or so. (I also originally put a day one deposit down but delivery date would have been too soon for me since I was waiting for a lease to end)

I suspect since it's been changed to a $100 nonrefundable deposit some things on the back end may have been changed and you might need to nudge it along. Or they mailed a check to an address on file that isn't current for you any more?

Thanks, I do have the original order #. With all the hep here, I think I am on the right track. Thanks to all. Great forum. I am currently in the market for a low mile, used M3. Is it realistic to assume I will find a car for around $45K? It seems that adding FSD adds $4-5K to the cost. We live in Vermont. Definitely need AWD. Not much highway driving, mostly 2 lane roads. Does FSD make sense for us? Thanks.

Thanks, I do have the original order #. With all the hep here, I think I am on the right track. Thanks to all. Great forum. I am currently in the market for a low mile, used M3. Is it realistic to assume I will find a car for around $45K? It seems that adding FSD adds $4-5K to the cost. We live in Vermont. Definitely need AWD. Not much highway driving, mostly 2 lane roads. Does FSD make sense for us? Thanks.

With the most recent price drop you can buy a LR AWD (white, 18” wheels) for $46,990 brand new. I would go with that model unless you can get a really good deal on a used one. Don’t waste money on FSD. You won’t use it on country roads.

Thanks OCR1, You are correct. Thanks for the post. I priced a new one, and added premium interior $1K, and the price is $47,990. Shipping fee included or does that include shipping? The order form does not indicate shipping is/is not included in the $47,990 price. Thanks again, Jim. Oh yea, been in contact with Tesla about my $1K deposit. They claim it was returned. My bank account says no. No one has been able to tell me the date it was returned nor to what account. They are opening an investigation, and will get back to me soon. HMMMMM. Frustrating to say the least.

Thanks OCR1, You are correct. Thanks for the post. I priced a new one, and added premium interior $1K, and the price is $47,990. Shipping fee included or does that include shipping? The order form does not indicate shipping is/is not included in the $47,990 price. Thanks again, Jim. Oh yea, been in contact with Tesla about my $1K deposit. They claim it was returned. My bank account says no. No one has been able to tell me the date it was returned nor to what account. They are opening an investigation, and will get back to me soon. HMMMMM. Frustrating to say the least.

Oof! That stinks sir. Hopefully they clear it up sooner than later for you!