Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 not sleeping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given that when the lightshow first released, some people were seeing a bug where the screen stayed on afterwards, I'm wondering if OP is seeing a lightshow-related bug...
Hmmm. It can be. As it looks like activity all the time. How to shut it down?

Look from teslamate shows car is always online for last 2 hrs
Screenshot_20220218-200523.png

Can you change the period of that graph so that we can get an idea of what it's doing and for how long? change it to 6 hours or something. I think you've done an update and then charged then online a drive and then awake. But no idea how long each of these periods are.

Can you change the period of that graph so that we can get an idea of what it's doing and for how long? change it to 6 hours or something. I think you've done an update and then charged then online a drive and then awake. But no idea how long each of these periods are.

So arrived home and did the reboot (pressing both wheels on steering) and looks like it did the trick? Car is offline and might even will go to sleep.

As you see it was always online before that
Screenshot_20220218-205933.png

When this is over, I'll teach you how to post smaller images :)

Reset your Tesla password. That'll clear any apps that might still have access to it. You'll need to re-login to Teslamate for it to be able to log the data. Also check that you have Streaming API checked on the TEslmate settings page. You should have as this is the default, but worth checking just to be sure.

Those offline states are abnormal. The vehicle is not communicating with Tesla’s servers. Unless you have poor mobile coverage something is wrong. I’d try a power down reset and if that doesn’t fix it the you need to log a service request with Tesla.

Power Cycling the Vehicle​

You can power cycle Model 3 if it demonstrates unusual behavior or displays a nondescript alert.
  1. Shift into Park.
  2. On the touchscreen, touch Controls > Safety > Power Off.
  3. Wait for at least two minutes without interacting with the vehicle. Do not open the doors, touch the brake pedal, touch the touchscreen, etc.
  4. After two minutes, press the brake pedal or open the door to wake the vehicle.

today (and this night) I got strange behaviour and you guys know it all better so I wonder if you can assist.

car is plugged, with scheduled charging.
Yesterday tried the lights show briefly, opened door and that's it.

it charged over night to required 80%. cable is still plugged in.

But I see that my Tesla app always shows as "connected" as well as car already lost 2% of charge since 4:30 am (it is 10:00 AM)
anyone can suggest WHY it's happening and how to put it to sleep?

There is no point in checking this as you can’t determine when the car wakes or sleeps. Sometimes the car maybe calibrating things for a while so wouldn’t do it regular routine.

Unless your losing over 10% a day without sentry mode for over a week I wouldn’t be concerned.

There is no point in checking this as you can’t determine when the car wakes or sleeps. Sometimes the car maybe calibrating things for a while so wouldn’t do it regular routine.

Unless your losing over 10% a day without sentry mode for over a week I wouldn’t be concerned.
I am losing like 4 % a day without it doing anything, just plugged in and on scheduled charging.. sentry is off as well.

Will try the power cycle

You should only be losing 1% a day according to Tesla. OP has Teslamate installed so he can determine if it sleeping or not.

Those offline states are abnormal. The vehicle is not communicating with Tesla’s servers. Unless you have poor mobile coverage something is wrong. I’d try a power down reset and if that doesn’t fix it the you need to log a service request with Tesla.

I've had these before and going into the Tesla app and then back out has forced the car to sleep.