Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 not sleeping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also noticed you mention a test charge for Intelligent Octopus - there have been reports of IO keeping the car awake under some circumstances, so have you set IO to "holiday mode" or disabled smart charging in their app?
No, IO test happened yesterday only

I removed app, and result is good:

Screenshot_20220220-125838.png

This looks like how it should be.

Now gonna try to reinstall tesla app to see the changes

Agreed - this is mine from the last 3 days

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 1.42.58 pm.png

First update is 2022.4.5, second is 2022.4.5.3. Car is not plugged in, Tesla App (iOS) is active on my phone but I haven't opened it. Note I don't have IO - migration has started as I "showed an interest" when they called up a while ago, but since the rates are way higher than m y current Go pricing, I'm not charging yet so have never connected my car to the Octopus App.

Your car certainly shouldn't be waking up every hour like your picture shows. That sounds like the behaviour others have described for IO when it is active and checking if the car is plugged in when it is not actually plugged in to an active charge port. If you haven't already, forcing IO to disconnect by changing your Tesla password might be worth a try.

I am losing like 4 % a day without it doing anything, just plugged in and on scheduled charging.. sentry is off as well.

Will try the power cycle
Over what time period?

If it's just a few days ie since the start of the post on Friday then I would leave it at least a week and see if it continues, I also assume the car is being left unplugged?

Over the past year using the statistics on Tesla mate I can see there have been a few days where it stayed online more often, most likely for some sort of self maintenance or something. Unless the problem persists beyond a week I wouldn't be concerned about short term fluctuations in sleep/online status of the car.

Over what time period?

If it's just a few days ie since the start of the post on Friday then I would leave it at least a week and see if it continues, I also assume the car is being left unplugged?

Over the past year using the statistics on Tesla mate I can see there have been a few days where it stayed online more often, most likely for some sort of self maintenance or something. Unless the problem persists beyond a week I wouldn't be concerned about short term fluctuations in sleep/online status of the car.
Car is plugged but on scheduled charging so essentially not charging over the day

I suspect in order for IO to work it wakes the car during these periods but if it does actually make you lose 4% a day then its rather annoying.

To rule it out I would have thought just leave the car unplugged for a few days.
Yes, will try all options.
The wake up for 20 mins every couple of hours are reasonable (maybe?).
What annoyed me was that car was always awake for almost a day which should not be the case.... Anyway, need to observe more

Nope. That'll drain your battery quite quickly. I certainly wouldn't leave my car at an airport if it was waking that much. Hopefully stopping IO should show quite quickly any difference given the frequency of your online time.
most cars, mine included, seem to sleep for 24 hours, then wake for 30mins, then back to sleep. (approx)
Imagine it's to check/charge the 12v battery.
More than this (i imagine) would not be normal.

Reactions: init6