Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 parked in EV spot ... but not charging!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something else to consider: was the charger in use when that car arrived? If someone else was plugged in (which we can’t know) then the driver may simply be waiting his/her turn.
Please don’t start, you’ve already got 6 disagrees on you and I don’t wanna put up another.

I think the point of @BurlMdl3 who created this thread is to help some people with EV charging etiquette.

When I first got my S, I had NO idea about etiquette. I actually thought (before I got my Model S)... "Oh wow, I can't wait to get those prime parking spots", not ever really thinking it through. I didn't realize that if I "parked" in a charging spot, I could be potentially taking away someone's ability to get home in a timely fashion. My thoughts were selfish but I realized that from reading etiquette type posts here.

Where I don't agree with many other EV owners is the "Volt needs the charge more than your Tesla" argument. That argument falls totally on deaf ears where I am concerned because you can't automatically assume that to be true in every instance.

However, charing spots *should* be for charging, not parking convenience. Aside from signage, I think EV parking should be as far away from the doors of a particular location as possible to discourage the lazy parker.