TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

M3 parked in EV spot ... but not charging!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BurlMdl3, Jun 16, 2018.

1. BurlMdl3

BurlMdl3 Member

Burlington, Ontario charger spot taken up by Model 3 but not charging!!! please don’t do this!!!

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  2. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

No he's not. He's in the spot beside the charger marked spot.

So go ahead and do this.

• Disagree x 7
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

...common there is a space left and right of this and the cable will reach :eek:o_O

4. BurlMdl3

BurlMdl3 Member

they are both reserved ev spots

• Like x 7
  5. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Yes but does the signage say “EV charging” or “EV parking” I have seen plenty of places where allows EV parking as a “premium” regardless of whether charging or not ...not exactly like there is a line of cars waiting to charge ...I don’t necessarily condone this but this is also not a super charger ;):eek::oops:

• Disagree x 2
  6. BurlMdl3

BurlMdl3 Member

We need to respect these spots as we expect others to. I hate showing up to charge and have the spots taken by non charging vehicles. Plus in Burlington they will ticket. Surprised to see that other M3 owners don’t see it as an issue.

Attached Files:

• Like x 6
  7. noicepls

noicepls Kill Urban ICE - Save Polar Ice

Thanks for pointing this out. There are definitely 2 designated charging spots, as clearly seen by the twin J1772 feed outs. We do need to be vigilant about these "parking" spots - they are for charging not parking. Once the charge session is completed, move out Please!!! If we don't do it right, how can we expect ICE drivers to respect this rule? It should be enforced by everyone.

• Like x 9
  8. Darscot

Darscot Member

People forget, happens all the time at my office. Not something anyone makes a fuss about, I put this on about the same level as leaving ones lights on. If it’s a place that can I would ask them to announce so the guy can get some juice and not end up having to wait around.

• Like x 1
  9. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

The spot the car is in is NOT marked as an EV charging spot. Only the adjacent spot is labeled as an EV spot.
    This is as things should be.

• Disagree x 5
    • Like x 1
  10. Koflach

Koflach Member

i'm guessing you didn't see the picture in this post. it clearly shows two ev charging spots. M3 parked in EV spot ... but not charging!

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  11. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

incorrect, I DID look at the picture, and you can see the spot that's empty has a giant pictograph in it indicating it's an EV spot, while if you look at the front, and under the car, there is no pictograph.

• Disagree x 8
    • Like x 1
  12. Koflach

Koflach Member

if you're talking about the first picture, it does have an ev logo under the white car, the angle the picture was taken though doesn't really show it that well. That's why the picture from post 6 (which was taken at the exact same spot) was posted here clearly showing both spots as for EV charging

• Like x 6
    • Disagree x 1
  13. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

• Like x 2
  14. BurlMdl3

BurlMdl3 Member

Attached Files:

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 1
  15. Koflach

Koflach Member

Don't muddy the waters with logic and evidence.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  16. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

Seems they’ve come up with a solution! E0EDA711-A64B-4C8D-959B-13F1F64E3171.jpeg

• Like x 4
  17. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

I was at First Canadian Place this past Tuesday and I knew that when I was done I had about another 200km I would be driving that afternoon. I arrived at FCP with about 250km of range and I didn’t expect any of their EV spot s to be open. I think there were 6 in total. Surprisingly, there was one L2 charger available.

I plugged in for the 3.5 hours I was there and got up to about 375km in range, which is about 80% for me.

Of the 5 other spots taken, only the Volt was charging. Two Model S, one X and one Porsche, all parked in EV spots and NONE of them were even connected. That’s poor form as far as I am concerned.

When I left, all 5 cars still parked, only the Volt was connected. I got there at 9:30am and left at 1pm. Very disappointed to see those spots being hijacked for no apparent reason other than sheer laziness. I think the solution might be not to put the EV charging spots in the lazy locations. Put them far away where people who need to charge can charge.

• Like x 6
  18. Buggle

Buggle Member

Better yet, just ticket them. Easy.

19. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

As far as I am concerned and EV driver using a charging spot for parking convenience is worse than a spot getting ICEd.

• Like x 4
  20. Raechris

Raechris Member

Agreed everyone is busy and distracted - FWIW the Tesla app has a setting to notify when charging is complete. Also setting a timer and/or alarm on your phone is helpful. Sometimes I use all three staggered to be as considerate as possible.

• Like x 2