Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 vs My after the price reduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me, I love the CUV style. Also, I want the seven-passenger version and I love the fact that the Model Y has a heat pump - it really makes a difference in the winter. So for me, yes, it is very much worth it.

Brent

Thanks for your response.

I should have been clearer in my original question - Is the 5-seater Model-Y still worth it over the Model 3?
(Since the 7-seater is not yet available).

Last edited:
got it! Thanks.

There's effectively a $6k difference between Model-3 and Model-Y when comparing similar versions.
The difference between the cheapest available Model-3 and cheapest available Model-Y is now $15k (not accounting for any local tax incentives):(

Whether it’s $4k or $6k, it really doesn’t matter to me. The Model Y fits my needs better than the Model 3.

I know it’s apples and oranges comparing other makes to Tesla, but just for some comparative context. A Camry (sedan) starts at $25k. A Highlander (CUV) starts at $35k. Granted, the base Camry comes with a 4-cylinder engine vs. the base Highlander has a V6, but that’s still a $10k spread between a sedan and crossover built on the same platform.

Whether it’s $4k or $6k, it really doesn’t matter to me. The Model Y fits my needs better than the Model 3.

I know it’s apples and oranges comparing other makes to Tesla, but just for some comparative context. A Camry (sedan) starts at $25k. A Highlander (CUV) starts at $35k. Granted, the base Camry comes with a 4-cylinder engine vs. the base Highlander has a V6, but that’s still a $10k spread between a sedan and crossover built on the same platform.

That's a fair perspective. That said, are the Model-3 and Model-Y truly as different as a, say, Camry and a Highlander?

For me even if the M3 was 20k less I couldn't buy it. Just not enough room. Sitting in the Y is so much more comfy. My knees can't take the low seating position in the 3. Also there is more room in the rear and I have little kids in car seats. When it comes down to it, buy what fits your needs, while they share a lot of parts and style they are vastly different cars imo.

• Helpful
Reactions: Reborn and X Fan
That's a fair perspective. That said, are the Model-3 and Model-Y truly as different as a, say, Camry and a Highlander?

More like the difference of a Accord and CR-V I'd say, the Camry is a full size car. M3 is a mid size. The MY is also not nearly as big as a highlander. The Camry to highlander comparison is better suited for the Model s and Model X comparison

Reactions: turtlesz