Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P aftermarket shocks & struts available?

Pyre

Apr 10, 2021
Syracuse, NY
Does one have suggestions or locations to order new shocks/struts for a 19 M3P?

Vehicle is lowered on UP springs (low) and will be ordering some moderates or eibachs most likely. Does not seem like any of the similar threads have actual purchase locations.

I know coil overs are "the way to go," but do not need 'race car' on the road or to spend that much.

MODEL+

Vendor
Oct 21, 2020
Portland, OR
Does one have suggestions or locations to order new shocks/struts for a 19 M3P?

Vehicle is lowered on UP springs (low) and will be ordering some moderates or eibachs most likely. Does not seem like any of the similar threads have actual purchase locations.

I know coil overs are "the way to go," but do not need 'race car' on the road or to spend that much.
Are you referring to aftermarket strut assembly that will accommodate for your new lowering springs and springs rates?
The only ones I'm aware of right now are from UP

From what I understand, Bilstein is developing some shocks for Model 3s but not sure on ETA.

If you're going to go through the trouble of aftermarket shocks/springs, you may as well get coilovers...

Let me know if I could be assist to ordering anything.

Have you contacted one of the forum vendors, like @MODEL+ to see if they can assist you?
Appreciate the tag @jjrandorin 👌

Danny

Upvote 0

MasterC17

Dec 3, 2015
USA
I think coilovers = race car is a complete misconception. Coilovers will ride much more gently and smoothly than struts + aftermarket springs. Coilovers are a matched pair - struts and springs are generally a hodge-podge that does nothing very well.

MPP Comfort's are reasonably priced and so much nicer than the stock suspension. I imagine you would probably spend ~$800+ on new dampers - why not just do it right?

Upvote 0

Pyre

Apr 10, 2021
Syracuse, NY
I think coilovers = race car is a complete misconception. Coilovers will ride much more gently and smoothly than struts + aftermarket springs. Coilovers are a matched pair - struts and springs are generally a hodge-podge that does nothing very well.

MPP Comfort's are reasonably priced and so much nicer than the stock suspension. I imagine you would probably spend ~$800+ on new dampers - why not just do it right?
Guess I am still in the stone age where I could buy struts and shocks for average vehicles for maybe $400-$500.

Tesla service and pricing strikes again!

1622297893422.png

• Funny
Reactions: MasterC17
Upvote 0

MasterC17

Dec 3, 2015
USA
Guess I am still in the stone age where I could buy struts and shocks for average vehicles for maybe $400-$500.

Tesla service and pricing strikes again!

View attachment 667580
In five years I'm sure there will be reasonably priced dampers available, but for now it's OEM and maybe Bilstein in the near future, but yeah, I'm not envisioning less than $200/damper right now.

Upvote 0

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC