Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P Consumption

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the Germans have a strange obsession with with cars being "autobahn ready" which means they shun them if they can't do 3 hours at 150mph on a single tank of fuel. Even though no one ever really does that. As a result they largely shunned the TMS and TMX for being not fit for purpose. Of course now they are launching their own luxury EV's which are even less "autobahn ready" than the Teslas it will be interesting to see if they start to relax this standard..........

• Funny
Reactions: DirtyT3sla
the Germans have a strange obsession with with cars being "autobahn ready" which means they shun them if they can't do 3 hours at 150mph on a single tank of fuel. Even though no one ever really does that. As a result they largely shunned the TMS and TMX for being not fit for purpose. Of course now they are launching their own luxury EV's which are even less "autobahn ready" than the Teslas it will be interesting to see if they start to relax this standard..........
Whilst in Germany last year I had to drive 200km from Rostock to Hamburg. Google maps said 1:30hrs. After about 30 minutes at 70mph it still said 1:30hrs. I realised that even google maps expect you to drive at 90-100mph. I finally made it to the airport with about 5 mins to spare :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: interbear