Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Average Consumption Improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a M3P from December 2019 that averaged around 178 Wh/km for the first 3 years or so, but since our Xmas trip to VIC it's come down to 168 Wh/km. The trip to work in Brisbane and back yesterday confirmed the same 168 Wh/km consumption too. I'm wondering if people with M3Ps of a similar age have seen this improvement and what is the average consumption of the newer M3Ps?

I have a M3P from December 2019 that averaged around 178 Wh/km for the first 3 years or so, but since our Xmas trip to VIC it's come down to 168 Wh/km. The trip to work in Brisbane and back yesterday confirmed the same 168 Wh/km consumption too. I'm wondering if people with M3Ps of a similar age have seen this improvement and what is the average consumption of the newer M3Ps?
Are you sure tyre circumference doesn't explain the % differences?

Do you mean from wear, @Nobody Famous? I haven't changed from the normal tyres on the M3P and despite losing 3 tyres to pot holes and rough roads the tyres have been the same for some time. I doubt a few mm of wear would make that much difference.
Either wear or spec change that changes rolling circumference, and therefore estimated distance travelled. Maybe tyre pressures could do the same? You are only talking ~5% difference in consumption

I've got a 2021 (so bit different and with the heatpump), but my longterm average is 160 wh/km. That's with plenty of spirited driving, highway cruising and stop and go traffic. Haven't noticed any difference caused by software updates. Biggest difference for me is actually temperature related. Efficiency really does decrease when the temperature drops below 10c.

• Informative
Reactions: louco73