Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P sound while supercharging in Rosemont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Handful uh nights back I stopped in to the Fashion Outlets supercharger and recorded the vid below while in our 2022 M3P, could the sound be due to the colder temps out? The only thing I could tell from other times I've supercharged is before, the sound would be much more brief and seemed to periodically occur every two minutes or so while supercharging.

Sorry the mic on the phone didn't record that well, it helps to hear the grinding metal noise if you turn up the volume some.

Any/ all advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance

I’m glad to see that someone else has mentioned a popping sound while supercharging. I’m using a Supercharger for the first time, just as a test on the M3LRAWD I picked up Thursday, and I thought someone had banged on the rear passenger side quarter panel, then again a few minutes later. I heard a third one from right under my seat just before I was about to stop charging. Very weird.

Upvote 0
That's the famous Rosemont rumble........when you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way........

No, don't know, I've heard all kinds of odd, transient, and inconsistent humming sounds when charging at almost anywhere over the years, superchargers, home Tesla charger, mobile charger, blah, blah, blah. I probably wouldn't even have noticed that. Early on I might have noticed, but anyway, that's what the radio is for.........

That crackly plastic sound, on the other hand, pretty sure that was a water bottle in motion.......

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I’m glad to see that someone else has mentioned a popping sound while supercharging. I’m using a Supercharger for the first time, just as a test on the M3LRAWD I picked up Thursday, and I thought someone had banged on the rear passenger side quarter panel, then again a few minutes later. I heard a third one from right under my seat just before I was about to stop charging. Very weird.
the popping sound most happens on cold days. The battery is expanding due to the heat and it's normal.

Upvote 0