Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P tires.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys I need help! I live in Chicago and winter pretty much just started here and I still have my summer tires on. I can’t find any decent tires for a good price for the Uberturbines on a 2022 Model 3 Performance. Anything good for about $1K, maybe less?

Part of the problem is their unique size (235/35-20). A much more common size is 245/35-20. Lots of reports on these forusm that the 245's fit just fine. I'm in central CA so I don't need winter tires, but when the time comes to replace my tires, I will go with the more common 245/35-20 because there is a larger selection and better prices.

@JohnH01 Those Conti DWS06+ in 245/35R20 XL should work, and would be a very good choice for you I think. The XL load rating is important for this car, and the model you linked to has it.

The 245/35R20 size is good, it will fit better on the 20x9" Uberturbine wheels than the stock 235/35R20 size which is literally stretched (I've no idea why Tesla chose such a fitment).

The Conti DWS series is known for being better in the snow than most UHP allseasons (the "S" in the "Dry Wet Snow" name). The tradeoff is it's not the sportiest UHP allseason in the dry, but it does perform well year round. If you want to run one tire year round in Chicago I think it's a great choice.

Personally, if I lived in Chicago, I would go with @oreobbq's suggestion of separate (smaller) wheels with true winter tires (either Performance Winter or Studless Ice & Snow, depending on preferences). But that's because I'm an aggressive driver, I push my car pretty hard through the twisties often, so I really like running true summer performance tires (<= 300 TW) in the warmer seasons. You might not feel the same need for dedicated summer rubber, and that's totally fine.

I should note I haven't used any Conti DWS series on my own cars, but I have experienced them on friends cars, and read quite a number of reviews of them over the years, so I'm reasonably confident in this assessment of them.

Reactions: XPsionic