Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P+ Winter Wheels, Tires, and TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oxford comma for life...

Anyway, I'm looking to buy a set of wheels, tires, and TPMS sensors for my M3P+ and I think I've settled on the T Sportline 18" wheels. I think I'm going to go with Michelin X-Ice tires... but here's the question - can I just buy TPMS sensors on eBay or similar? These are listed on eBay as compatible with 2017 and 2018 models but as far as I can tell there isn't a difference in a 2019 model. T Sportline wants $300 for TPMS sensors and it seems like it isn't necessary to pay that much money for them. Anybody have any experience with that?

I have never purchased TPMS sensors from ebay, but have purchased them from tirerack.com for my VW R32. While they aren't as cheap as ebay, they are a little cheaper than T Sportline. I went with the tirerack.com option because of the customer service side of it.

Oxford comma for life...

Anyway, I'm looking to buy a set of wheels, tires, and TPMS sensors for my M3P+ and I think I've settled on the T Sportline 18" wheels. I think I'm going to go with Michelin X-Ice tires... but here's the question - can I just buy TPMS sensors on eBay or similar? These are listed on eBay as compatible with 2017 and 2018 models but as far as I can tell there isn't a difference in a 2019 model. T Sportline wants $300 for TPMS sensors and it seems like it isn't necessary to pay that much money for them. Anybody have any experience with that?

you can buy sensors from eBay, Amazon, tire rack, etc. I got sensors from tire rack on my winter set that worked perfectly and I got sensors from GetYourWheels with my vsforged summer set that worked perfectly as well. I don’t think there’s a difference between 2019 and earlier. That being said if you’re getting the tires from tsportline as well. Is it worth the headache of hauling the wheels,tires,sensors somewhere to get them installed as opposed to receiving the whole set already installed? And if you’re trying to save $200 and aren’t dead seat on that style of wheel...there are cheaper options that are also flow forged. Nothing against tsportline but IMO they’re overpriced a bit.

Those wheels were really the only ones I've seen that are a close approximation to the OEM wheels. I'm not dead set on them if folks have suggestions for 18" wheels that can fit the Performance model.

Thanks for the input!

Those wheels were really the only ones I've seen that are a close approximation to the OEM wheels. I'm not dead set on them if folks have suggestions for 18" wheels that can fit the Performance model.

Which T Sportline wheel were you thinking of ? I may preorder T Sportline's TSS wheel which will now be offered in the 18" size for my Model 3 Performance.

Reactions: GOOCHY