Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mailing zip / postal code is not valid for the state provided.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure where to put this. I searched for this issue and no luck. I'm trying to add my wife as a secondary contact on my account. When I submit it I get the message, "Mailing zip / postal code is not valid for the state provided."

I've tried several different zip codes and addresses, none work. I've tried Firefox and Chrome, no difference. Seems to be a problem on Tesla's end. I contacted support via email, no response. Ideas? Or next steps?

Here's one potential issue. When I go to my Primary Contact, there is no address, city, or state even entered or selected, just the zip code. Maybe it is throwing an error because the secondary contact's info doesn't match the primary (zip I'm trying is the same though.) But I'm hesitant to try and edit my Primary Contact info seeing how I'm getting an error. I guess the worst that could happen is it just rejects the edit? Don't want to cause further issues by fiddling around.

Edit to clarify that I'm trying to use the same zip code on both primary and secondary.

Last edited:
Here's one potential issue. When I go to my Primary Contact, there is no address, city, or state even entered or selected, just the zip code. Maybe it is throwing an error because the secondary contact's info doesn't match the primary (zip I'm trying is the same though.) But I'm hesitant to try and edit my Primary Contact info seeing how I'm getting an error. I guess the worst that could happen is it just rejects the edit? Don't want to cause further issues by fiddling around.

Edit to clarify that I'm trying to use the same zip code on both primary and secondary.

This is what I had to do to get a secondary on my account. The primary had no address.

Reactions: tilt