Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toolbox 3 issues connecting to Model X 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**I've searched this thread for answers before making this post**

I have a 2017 model x 100D that was in an accident. It was front end damage cosmetic damage. No frame damage. It was hit to the point the airbags deployed. The shop and I are having issues connected Via TB3. I have a MCU1 with a Tegra chip. Connecting to the car via the port gives me an error message of "Traffic to ODIN Blocked." Also, SECETH Unlocked timed out. I read posts about TCAN PRO, but to my luck the orignal sellers of the tool is out of stock. I have seen Resellers, but not confident enough that a activation key will be sent with the tool purchase.

I'm connecting my laptop via ethernet cable. Changed the I.P. address to the correct settings, Allowed Insecure content via google chrome, downloaded the Tesla Proxy, unsuccessful as getting the gateway unlocked, and everything listed in the Tesla service manual to try to connect to the car. I searched far and wide for TOOLBOX 2, no luck.

Is there any updated guidance on connecting to the car via TB3? Is there anybody with TCAN PRO I can rent out, im located in Detroit, Michigan.

probably get more help in Salvage thread in model S forum...
is this a car u just acquired or was it yours before?
if its new to u then maybe someone rooted previously?...
i've never connected with TB yet but TB2 is offered for sale on many sites for like $100 n some members on here offer it too...

Has the MCU ever been rooted? If so, blocking ODIN is pretty common.

IIRC, toolbox proxy works by getting an “unlock token” from tesla’s servers and sending that to the MCU periodically to keep the diagnostic Ethernet port “unlocked”. Disable your firewall if you haven’t already, make sure you’re running the app as an admin, and make sure your PC has a static IP set in the right range (eg, set it to 192.168.90.125 with a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask).

You can use a tool like wireshark to make sure the token is being sent correctly.

And I assume you’ve tried a different Ethernet diagnostic cable to rule out a bad physical connection?

Has the MCU ever been rooted? If so, blocking ODIN is pretty common.

IIRC, toolbox proxy works by getting an “unlock token” from tesla’s servers and sending that to the MCU periodically to keep the diagnostic Ethernet port “unlocked”. Disable your firewall if you haven’t already, make sure you’re running the app as an admin, and make sure your PC has a static IP set in the right range (eg, set it to 192.168.90.125 with a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask).

You can use a tool like wireshark to make sure the token is being sent correctly.

And I assume you’ve tried a different Ethernet diagnostic cable to rule out a bad physical connection

The MCU Most likely hasn’t been rooted. IP settings are all correct like you mentioned. Actually, i believe the Ethernet connection is good, but i should get another one just in case

Then factory mode + tb2.1 should be no issue

If you search the forum you can find some people who may sell it to you for cheaper
So i bought it, and it connected with toolbox 2. Cleared a few codes, but i could not get rid of the airbag light. I previously sent in the airbag control module to somebody to delete the crash data, but to its avail the codes are still popping up. I tried using TB2 to configure the Bosch RCM/SRS module, but it failed. It gave me the option to upload my own file to the module, but i cant seem to find the file.

So i bought it, and it connected with toolbox 2. Cleared a few codes, but i could not get rid of the airbag light. I previously sent in the airbag control module to somebody to delete the crash data, but to its avail the codes are still popping up. I tried using TB2 to configure the Bosch RCM/SRS module, but it failed. It gave me the option to upload my own file to the module, but i cant seem to find the file.
i've seen ppl posting airbag module "file" on other forums n ask to clear the crash data, then they get same file back (edited, w/o crash data)
i'm assuming thats the file u can use, but i don't know how to dump it, i think its eeprom dump...