Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Main Storage console in center console is starting to rattle - anyway to fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started noticing yesterday that the main storage console next to the driver seat (ie the one with the padding that you pull up) is starting to make a rattling noise when I go over a bump or take a sudden turn. If I hold down the top of the storage compartment and go over the same bump/turn I dont hear the rattling noise anymore. It's like the top part is not latching completely to the bottom to close it tightly. Is there anyway to fix this on my end without contact tesla support. anyone else have this issue and fixed it.

Attachments

• pic.JPG
    pic.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 354
I started noticing yesterday that the main storage console next to the driver seat (ie the one with the padding that you pull up) is starting to make a rattling noise when I go over a bump or take a sudden turn. If I hold down the top of the storage compartment and go over the same bump/turn I dont hear the rattling noise anymore. It's like the top part is not latching completely to the bottom to close it tightly. Is there anyway to fix this on my end without contact tesla support. anyone else have this issue and fixed it.
You probably know this but make sure the tray is properly seated.

20180923_221644.jpg

I added some weather strip used for doors to the front of the lid. Makes it a little bit harder to close but once it compresses down it's not so bad and does eliminate the rattle i had. Don't remember the thickness but it wasn't the thinnest one.

I have the same problem. In my case, it is not the actual lid making the noise. I noticed that the latch that holds the lid is making the noise. Holding the armrest down does stop the noise. Sometimes it stops making noise for a while, then comes back. I'm not sure how to go about fixing this other than taking it to Tesla. It definitely makes a lot of noise when driving on uneven roads.

Last edited: