Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make an Adapter to Charge roadster on Tesla Destination Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here I am ,the only Tesla roadster owner in China Mainland.

In order to charge it on Tesla Destination charger, I ask my friend make this Adapter for me.

It can cheat the Tesla Wall charger to output the power. It only works with Chinese Standard Wall Charger.

Then, with the UMC of roadster, I can just it all around China.

515C401F-9A4F-4CCC-B8B5-39BBD495D9F5.jpeg

After I remake it , it looks much better and safer.

365B86F8-FD21-4DC9-8E4D-9DE1EB05F4C0.jpeg

You're close! It's actually hcsharp's CAN EU. European "Type 2" to Roadster. I supply them to the Swiss Tesla Owners' Club. If they won't ship you one then I will. @xiaoteshushu already knows about them but it would still require another adapter for him to get from the common Chinese standard to Type 2 in order to use my adapter.
Europe Roadster adapter to Typ2-connector for use 43kW-charger

I also have a friend in Austria who made a 3-ph to 1-ph converter that fits neatly in the bottom rectangle of the trunk. He may be selling them by now. I watched him charge his Roadster at 45A from a 16A Type 2 3-phase charging station.

Last edited:
You're close! It's actually hcsharp's CAN EU. European "Type 2" to Roadster. I supply them to the Swiss Tesla Owners' Club. If they won't ship you one then I will. @xiaoteshushu already knows about them but it would still require another adapter for him to get from the common Chinese standard to Type 2 in order to use my adapter.
Europe Roadster adapter to Typ2-connector for use 43kW-charger

I also have a friend in Austria who made a 3-ph to 1-ph converter that fits neatly in the bottom rectangle of the trunk. He may be selling them by now. I watched him charge his Roadster at 45A from a 16A Type 2 3-phase charging station.
That 3-ph to 1-ph sounds really interesting. Any news on what your friend has done with them?