Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make Front Console Insert for Clip-ons?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It works well to keep my clip-ons here (I don't need to put my phone there):

Clipons.jpg

But my wife wants to do the same with her clip-ons. I'll probably make a replacement for the rubberish pad that's there, with a second "shelf" for her clip-ons.

Before I begin: Anyone do or buy something like that? Ideas?

Transitions lenses need direct exposure to light to enable them to darken. They will not work in a car.
I try to understand the logic of the original post.

May be you want darker lenses when walking outside or when driving, but when driving inside a garage, or at night, then you need a place to put your clip-ons.
But then you forget your clip-ons inside your car when walking away from a garage to go to a restaurant across the street....
Why not then getting folding clip-ons, so you raise them up when not needed, and raise them down when needed, so you never lose them.

Otherwise
- does the driver when seating in is car is going to put the cover-ons on his/her glasses when driving, implying that that he/she doesn't need the cover-ons when outside?
or
- does the driver when seating in is car is going to remove the cover-ons on his/her glasses when driving, implying that that he/she do need the cover-ons when outside?

If you are only concern about UV, it is true that the car windshield will block already them, so do you really need clip-ons inside a car?

If you have access to a 3D printer.

I'm sure somebody is printing it on Etsy while testing the boundaries of the license agreement...