Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make Front Console Insert for Clip-ons?

PianoAl

Dec 15, 2019
Far Northern California
It works well to keep my clip-ons here (I don't need to put my phone there):

Clipons.jpg

But my wife wants to do the same with her clip-ons. I'll probably make a replacement for the rubberish pad that's there, with a second "shelf" for her clip-ons.

Before I begin: Anyone do or buy something like that? Ideas?

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
Transitions lenses need direct exposure to light to enable them to darken. They will not work in a car.
I try to understand the logic of the original post.

May be you want darker lenses when walking outside or when driving, but when driving inside a garage, or at night, then you need a place to put your clip-ons.
But then you forget your clip-ons inside your car when walking away from a garage to go to a restaurant across the street....
Why not then getting folding clip-ons, so you raise them up when not needed, and raise them down when needed, so you never lose them.

Otherwise
- does the driver when seating in is car is going to put the cover-ons on his/her glasses when driving, implying that that he/she doesn't need the cover-ons when outside?
or
- does the driver when seating in is car is going to remove the cover-ons on his/her glasses when driving, implying that that he/she do need the cover-ons when outside?

If you are only concern about UV, it is true that the car windshield will block already them, so do you really need clip-ons inside a car?

Timbo2

Jun 8, 2019
USA
If you have access to a 3D printer.

I'm sure somebody is printing it on Etsy while testing the boundaries of the license agreement...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC