Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Making a hot spot an automatic connection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Tidal was added I've wanted my phone to connect as a hot spot for the car so I can stream Tidal in hifi. What I'm finding though is every time I get back in the car and start driving the wifi gets turned off and I need to turn it back on, turn the phone's hot spot off and back on, and then select it again. I have "stay connected while driving" selected and once I'm connected and going I'm OK. I'd just like it to connect up automatically, especially when just running errands and I'm in and out of the car. It sounds like it could be part iPhone, part car issue. Any advice?

Car is 2021 SR+, phone is iPhone 8 Plus running the latest iOS, whatever it is these days.

Since Tidal was added I've wanted my phone to connect as a hot spot for the car so I can stream Tidal in hifi. What I'm finding though is every time I get back in the car and start driving the wifi gets turned off and I need to turn it back on, turn the phone's hot spot off and back on, and then select it again. I have "stay connected while driving" selected and once I'm connected and going I'm OK. I'd just like it to connect up automatically, especially when just running errands and I'm in and out of the car. It sounds like it could be part iPhone, part car issue. Any advice?

Car is 2021 SR+, phone is iPhone 8 Plus running the latest iOS, whatever it is these days.
I've noticed that once connected and you move onto another artist etc and start playing them in HiFi, if you disconnect you hotspot the previous tracks you that you just played in HiFi are still playing and showing in HiFi lol, so weird.

For 300 Billion I think Elon can afford a higher network capability for HiFi streaming.....

Yea, I would think we could get better LTE. It doesn't seem weird though about how it keeps playing tracks you've previously heard in hifi once disconnected. It has downloaded and stored it for playback. My guess is it will continue doing that until the storage is full, but I'll test that out now that I'm saying it, at least to see if it is indeed storing it.

I would drive all day playing hi-res in Qobuz on my iPhone to my prior car. It never stuttered or anything, just kept playing. Only at the state lines did it have any problems because of the change of cellular territory. It was always a dead spot. This is why I'm so frustrated with Tesla, that this supposed hi-tech car can't do what I was doing in my old 2007 minivan. And not only can you not do it, it prevents you from doing any kind of "bring your own" hi-res.