Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Making phone calls from the Roadster - Best solution yet!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up a set of Apple AirPods last week and was delighted to discover I could make calls from the Roadster (even with no top on the car!) and have folks clearly understand me. Earlier this week I even spoke to another club member while I was doing ~70mph down the I-75 with no top....

These things work better than wired ear buds and MUCH better than the in-car system.
AirPods.jpg

I love my AirPods for these reasons and lots of others. They work great, and I can have a very easy time talking on the phone without yelling and the discussion never turns to "are you in a tin can?" They are a great product, and this is one of the reasons.

I concur - love my AirPods - and after Nigel told me how well they work in the Roadster (and I tried them there), I love them even more.

They're comfortable, hold a long charge, can be recharged by the case (which can be charged with or without the AirPods within) & the clarity is amazing.

I only use one (local LE recently announced a crackdown on using two) and very happy with the performance.
Yesterday I tried out the Air Pods in my local Apple Store. WOW. They sound amazing, way better than the wireless Beats earphones I've been using for a few years. I've ordered them as all my local Apple Stores were out of stock. 6 week delivery timeframe. They must be selling pretty well.

One of the cool features I appreciated is that when you are using them, if you remove one the audio pauses, making it easy to have a conversation with someone, then you put it back in and the audio resumes. Or you can just listen with one, as Nigel noted.

Reactions: JHWJR
It's illegal to wear headphones or earbuds in both ears while driving in California. I imagine the same is true in a lot of other jurisdictions. In California, it's actually a moving violation, as serious as speeding, it's not just a simple equipment violation.

Reactions: JHWJR